Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SimeonNC said:

So this confirms that the 12z were either out to lunch, or something has recently developing between then and now that made the models change. I still say we all should wait for the Euro and the EPS.

I'm hopeful about this, but I wouldn't get that excited/presumptuous just yet. There's still time for the models to swing back tomorrow. Really, until our first wave makes it ashore, there's still the potential for the models to shift some stuff around. Undoubtedly, though, this is a great trend to see across multiple models and their ensembles tonight.

Edit: Wait, I just saw the second part of your post :lol:. Yeah, definitely wait for the Euro, but even then I would still want to see several more model runs of similar solutions.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Alright, so what happens if the EURO makes it a clean sweep (GFS/CMC/EURO) do we make anything of it or...?

To me Sunday night was always the benchmArk because all the players would be in position, raob scope and under 120. Then today 12z was a doorslam. So if things stay on pace next 3 to 4 runs the it's time to get excited imo.

Alright, so what happens if the EURO makes it a clean 0z sweep (GFS/CMC/EURO) do we make anything of it or...?

Of course.

Euro ensembles have only recently had bad runs, GFS has been all over the place. If we get the Op and more importantly the EPS back on board, it's something to take seriously. Of course not the 00z verbatim, but a more southern solution. Euro was consistent extremely far out on this one, so I wouldn't be surprised if it starts to reel it in once more. As Pack has pointed out the 500mb look is all over the place nevermind the individual players and amplitude of the waves. Long way to go, but all options are on the table.

Just now, AsheCounty48 said:

It's 8 days away. So nothing. All this would mean is that we have a very interesting run. But it's just one set of runs of many to come for this potential event.

This is true, BUT...if it happened (hypothetically) how many times have we ever seen the big 3 show a very similar solution 8 days out? That just seems crazy to me.

And how many times have we seen models show a good storm way far out, lose them, and then show them again? Still a lot of time to go, but shows how much potential there is with this with things all over the place the last two days. I think we have done good here in the past with storms when the models have done this dance in the past.

Archived