Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

2 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

As an outsider of sorts now, there does seem to be a lot of celebration for a system 9-11 days away which hasn't even shown up consistently in the modeling.

Of course, I can't lie, I'd be excited and ready to be heartbroken if I had skin in the game.

That's just how desperate we are.  

I'm just happy we're modeled to go into a -NAO/-EPO period.  I think there's that.  What happens at that time is the question.  The fantasy snow is nice too, but I know it's just some dude in an office messing with us somewhere.  

As an outsider of sorts now, there does seem to be a lot of celebration for a system 9-11 days away which hasn't even shown up consistently in the modeling.

Of course, I can't lie, I'd be excited and ready to be heartbroken if I had skin in the game.

Very well said. The goal posts will move as they normally do during this time frame.
Looks so good though...
Goal for me is the 48 HR rule and that's a long time coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Given the atrociousness of the pattern so far, a 10 day snowstorm celebration is more than justified! :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Jon said:

He's on another board. I also just registered and am posting on that board.People were way too fast to run away webber on this board, lots of insight and he's going to be one of the most recognized distinguished mets of his time - that's a fact. I can't imagine where he will end up in 20 years...probably some climate forecaster with a million twitter followers. Ha.

My guess.  The second word of this thread's title.

The 18z GFS is well on its way to coming back to reality with both precip and temps. When day 16 on this model actually arrives, no one outside of the mountains will have had significant winter weather here in the southeast. Temps will not go below 25 either outside of the mountains and 1 inch or less total precip will have fallen. Reality will be 60-70 or warmer for highs and around 50 for lows.

Anyone interested in doing a snowfall total contest with whatever upcoming storms we may have the rest of winter? Winner can get a gift card to Golden Corral or something. :lol: 

Cities could include:

Martinsville VA (you're welcome :lol: )
Boone
Hickory
Raleigh
Greensboro
Charlotte
GSP
Some city in NE GA

Any other important cities to the SE crew?

10 hours ago, Jon said:

He's on another board. I also just registered and am posting on that board.People were way too fast to run away webber on this board, lots of insight and he's going to be one of the most recognized distinguished mets of his time - that's a fact. I can't imagine where he will end up in 20 years...probably some climate forecaster with a million twitter followers. Ha.

What board and what's his Twitter name?

17 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Anyone interested in doing a snowfall total contest with whatever upcoming storms we may have the rest of winter? Winner can get a gift card to Golden Corral or something. :lol: 

Cities could include:

Martinsville VA (you're welcome :lol: )
Boone
Hickory
Raleigh
Greensboro
Charlotte
GSP
Some city in NE GA

Any other important cities to the SE crew?

Wilkesboro and Jonesville! :)