• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Not only am I living in Florida now, but I'll also be on vacation in Puerto Rico the first week of January during the fantasy Euro D10 megastorm.  I think I'd be melting down if I still lived in NC and missed it while on vacation, haha.

At least I got to see a lot of snow during my vacation last year in Flagstaff and at the rim of the Grand Canyon.

16 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Not only am I living in Florida now, but I'll also be on vacation in Puerto Rico the first week of January during the fantasy Euro D10 megastorm.  I think I'd be melting down if I still lived in NC and missed it while on vacation, haha.

At least I got to see a lot of snow during my vacation last year in Flagstaff and at the rim of the Grand Canyon.

I was in Flagstaff in August of 85 and there was still some snow on the peaks not to mention being in the 30s at night.

Reading in the other post that northern sc has some potential and didn't want to post a banter post there.  When people reference northern sc I'm assuming they mean upstate north west and not coastal north east.  Is that correct? and would the Myrtle beach area be in the game for any of these scenarios?  If the coastal areas are just flat out of luck, may drive to Columbia and snag a hotel

3 minutes ago, goldman75 said:

Reading in the other post that northern sc has some potential and didn't want to post a banter post there.  When people reference northern sc I'm assuming they mean upstate north west and not coastal north east.  Is that correct? and would the Myrtle beach area be in the game for any of these scenarios?  If the coastal areas are just flat out of luck, may drive to Columbia and snag a hotel

I can say that the EPS mean had some snowfall into KMYR if that helps.  Usually if I see a Wintry storm over your way I'd call it coastal sc

4 minutes ago, goldman75 said:

Since Pack posted this in the other thread, I assume it is ok.

IMG_3711.PNG

Just now, No snow for you said:

Since Pack posted this in the other thread, I assume it is ok.

IMG_3711.PNG

See that stripe of light light snow south of say Chester SC?  In that thin band, I believe the control has quite a little ice storm down to about southern Lexington, middle of Richland County and towards Myrtle Beach.

Just now, Shawn said:

See that stripe of light light snow south of say Chester SC?  In that thin band, I believe the control has quite a little ice storm down to about southern Lexington, middle of Richland County and towards Myrtle Beach.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Always appreciate your insight to this area.

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Don't worry, the shift NW will save you and give us the Ice storm. 

3 minutes ago, J.C. said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  Always appreciate your insight to this area.

No worries.  The 32F line dances all around the area.  It'd likely end as sleet/snow.  Over in Myrtle Beach it could get a bit worse with moisture coming back in after the transfer.

Either way, it is 1 run of a control of the Euro.  Too early to speak much of it honestly.