Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

3 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

So over the past week or so, we've seen really good model runs for a couple of cycles and then a back-off to a less favorable pattern, followed by a couple of cycles with even better patterns.  Each subsequent "back-off" cycle has been less bad and each subsequent "back-on" cycle has shown an even better set of solutions.

I'm inclined to give some credence to this, which moves me to believe (i.e. hope) we'll see a back-off that's not so bad through probably 12Z tomorrow, at which point we should start to see some dynamite runs again.  I expect today's data to be moderately ok.

It is amazing how back and forth the models have been this year...seems more so than usual.  Hopefully your "back-on" solutions started a day early and will stay!

3 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Yeah not much of a wedge on the EURO, no CAD to help us out, but the 850s looked good for upstate.  Who knows, we'll see next week...or maybe in a few hours on the next run. 

Where's the parent high and how strong is it?  I'm on mobile today and haven't seen a map showing that yet.

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Lakes Low! HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I knew it!

Thanks for the map.

Yeah, I hate those.  Hopefully we can just get our banana highs and we won't have to worry about the cold air.  I'd like to see the high a bit further east and that low gone, if I'm asking for things at this point. 

1 hour ago, AsheCounty48 said:

No. we're gonna need this room more than ever if ONE bad run comes out.

Got that right. Every model and ensemble run the next 24 hours will be met with a queasy stomach...

1 hour ago, No snow for you said:

Congrats North Carolina. 

It'll move N and I'll jackpot. ;):lol: jk

24 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Feeling a EPS letdown in about 30 mins. 

Gut-wrenching...