Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Super bomb (like 14 mb in 6 hours) with almost the same exact track. Lol. What a weenie model that is sometimes. 

It definitely has rapid intensification potential given those dynamics and warm waters offshore of the islands. But let's see what the big boy models do.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It definitely has rapid intensification potential given those dynamics and warm waters offshore of the islands. But let's see what the big boy models do.

Yeah. The fact the euro hints at it anyway has me interested. 

There's definitely some room for 6 hours of crazy if it works. 

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm hoping for ratios to compensate for lower qpf.  :)

We've got another day of model runs before locking bulls-eyes into place.  I'd take 6-8" of fluffier over 8-10+" of paste since we already have the base.  Let ORH Co east have the higher qpf if we can lock a few degrees colder and get a powder bomb.  

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We've got another day of model runs before locking bulls-eyes into place.  I'd take 6-8" of fluffier over 8-10+" of paste since we already have the base.  Let ORH Co east have the higher qpf if we can lock a few degrees colder and get a powder bomb.  

I prefer the 7-10:1 paste to increase the base for reasons some don't understand.................;)

that NAM solution is really bombogen - though unusual for it's tightness of scale.  the problem is there's unusually intense hydrostatic exertion because ... heh, as much as I've been complaining about the gradient, the surplus is actually causing a freakshow UVM max there.   120+ kt jet max is rather extreme for 500 mbs.  fascinating

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

interesting track, just a bit east would be better.. 974mb east of marblehead ...

You'd still get crushed on that evolution. But yeah, optimal for you would be about 20-25 miles east. 

We will see what euro says later. I'm actually not as interested in gfs this storm since it is probably the type of storm the gfs would struggle the most with. It's possible this could be a "non-hydrostatic model special"...though let's wait another cycle before getting too caught up in that. 

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I prefer the 7-10:1 paste to increase the base for reasons some don't understand.................;)

Oh' I totally understand, I just don't like clearing it.  6-10" fluff = 1 hour clearing, 6-10" paste = 2+ hours clearing.

Clip on the downhill sticks and 6" powder is way more fun than 6" paste.  Friday will be a Berkshire East Day me thinks.

:ski:

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'd still get crushed on that evolution. But yeah, optimal for you would be about 20-25 miles east. 

We will see what euro says later. I'm actually not as interested in gfs this storm since it is probably the type of storm the gfs would struggle the most with. It's possible this could be a "non-hydrostatic model special"...though let's wait another cycle before getting too caught up in that. 

haha funny you mentioned that ...i was just commenting on that look.  wow ...

Archived