Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

For us and you, I figure this is a 4-6" snowfall.  I'm looking forward to it - was gone early in the week so missed the 3"er.  Just seems like one of those types of snows where we get a nice steady moderate snow, with a heavy period for 6-10 hours.  At least that's how it feels to me.

That's reasonable Mahk, Ceiling is not very high with this event, Typical SWFE

Not sure what to make of that NAM run. It is what it is. 

Getting sick of analyzing this damn thing to be frank.  You know the NAM wants it warm when it starts off with a warm solution it shouldn't  have and then changes the modeled pattern to keep it warm Haha. Wow. 

In any case just comes down to what Will and Scott and everybody were talking about the other day with the high-pressure  timing.  This one is the most egregious solution yet from the NM ... bodily displacing that high East.  In fact this run goes so far we really would probably warm sector if this were to succeed.  Not sure if I buy that it will just saying

00z GFS looks a bit better than 18z at least for SNE. It's faster than the 18z run so the temp comparisons can be a little misleading but it has a better looking front end thump. It is still not a solution I would want but if the system is going to refuse to redevelop a secondary earlier, then at least it is looking a little better on the front. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

00z GFS looks a bit better than 18z at least for SNE. It's faster than the 18z run so the temp comparisons can be a little misleading but it has a better looking front end thump. It is still not a solution I would want but if the system is going to refuse to redevelop a secondary earlier, then at least it is looking a little better on the front. 

Sounds like we have a viable envelop of possible outcomes, as the bad trend has ceased, just as yesterday's good one did.

Solid advisory event for most...I'll take it.

Archived