Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 12 Snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I don't know how you discount the GFS, Its not the Nam and is in the realm of possibility's

Of course you like the GFS .its better for you . Considering it's alone.. I don't think it's factorable. But maybe it is . I just don't see any support for amped up north into strong confluence as Tip has said all day 

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I don't know how you discount the GFS, Its not the Nam and is in the realm of possibility's

Yeah it should be factored in...I'd weight it less than the Euro since it's an inferior model and the Euro does have support from GGEM. But it's within the envelope of solutions.

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Of course you like the GFS .its better for you . Considering it's alone.. I don't think it's factorable. But maybe it is . I just don't see any support for amped up north into strong confluence as Tip has said all day 

As well as you like the Euro for your area, You cant just toss them if you don't like it, Not how it works, Its guidance and like i said its solution is not out of the realm of possibility's and i did not say to lock it in, Just what the model shows

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it should be factored in...I'd weight it less than the Euro since it's an inferior model and the Euro does have support from GGEM. But it's within the envelope of solutions.

Exactly, You place more weight on one side or the other, If you end up with a middle ground solution between the two, Then its a 3-6, 4-8" snow in the region

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

As well as you like the Euro for your area, You cant just toss them if you don't like it, Not how it works, Its guidance and like i said its solution is not out of the realm of possibilitys

Maybe . But seeing the NAM shift confluence 50 miles south and knowing the GFS warm bias at eroding cold.. well you can color me tossed 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe . But seeing the NAM shift confluence 50 miles south and knowing the GFS warm bias at eroding cold.. well you can color me tossed 

Well... the NAM was a warm outlier but the NAM/GFS right now are definitely warm and also a lot of the high res stuff is toasty.

I don't think you can see it's garbage - it's just another possibility. The ECMWF hasn't been steadfast with this snowy solution either - it's had its issues.

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Well... the NAM was a warm outlier but the NAM/GFS right now are definitely warm and also a lot of the high res stuff is toasty.

I don't think you can see it's garbage - it's just another possibility. The ECMWF hasn't been steadfast with this snowy solution either - it's had its issues.

Hi res at 48-54 hours out?

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Plus, the drugs

BOS gets nothing on the latest RGEM either. Bummer

hahaha :) 

yeah...actually i was just being goofy with metaphors in the original passage but since it garnered so my backlash i decided to push back and start fights - evil i know.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nobody should be b!tching if that verifies.  I'm a little surprised they have a probabilities map posted this far out in time.  48 hours maybe but 72?

i think that's about a good call actually from what i've been seeing anyway.  straight up qpf + experience in this sort of thing, together flag that.  but we'll see.. 

and, ironically, despite the inherent problems with this sort of pattern, it's actually pretty stable in the guidance of an low-end event here. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

There was a 1" difference for this area from the GFS and Euro runs today, lol

For us and you, I figure this is a 4-6" snowfall.  I'm looking forward to it - was gone early in the week so missed the 3"er.  Just seems like one of those types of snows where we get a nice steady moderate snow, with a heavy period for 6-10 hours.  At least that's how it feels to me.

Archived