Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

You guys are making me feel much better about this coming week that I was after I read Grey's long range. It sounded mostly wet up here if you guys are saying a lot of ice and maybe then some rain but not a total blowtorch Pack destroyer 

Well I wouldn't hold anyone to a lot of ice. Could be a lot of rain. Just don't see two days in the 50s with rain right now up there.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

That helps but it is getting frustrating to see my pack get up to a foot and then get squashed down like it has twice now 

All it does is make the base glacier that much stronger....it will be appreciated a few weeks from now.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well I wouldn't hold anyone to a lot of ice. Could be a lot of rain. Just don't see two days in the 50s with rain right now up there.

Even the GFS wedges us right through until the cold fropa on Wednesday. I could see Tuesday being a miserable, cold, rainy, raw day. 2m temps are cool on the GFS for Wed, but with the westerlies kicking in and some remnant mid-level warmth remaining we should spike into the 40s early before the CAA takes over to drop temps in the afternoon. My guess is we'll have 10"+ of concrete remaining that isn't going anywhere until Morch or April.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Even the GFS wedges us right through until the cold fropa on Wednesday. I could see Tuesday being a miserable, cold, rainy, raw day. 2m temps are cool on the GFS for Wed, but with the westerlies kicking in and some remnant mid-level warmth remaining we should spike into the 40s early before the CAA takes over to drop temps in the afternoon. My guess is we'll have 10"+ of concrete remaining that isn't going anywhere until Morch or April.

Right. That's why I told Kevin you'll be able to drive a tank on it. Time to base up the pack. You don't want treble. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Huh? Reading some of the Afd's makes you think Dec 2015 for 2 days is coming. Hope you keep it till May

You should know by now that NH and Maine are the king of CAD...it takes an epic torch to really erase a based-up snow pack there. This is really just one semi-warm system that takes a while even down in SNE to finally warm sector us...it's not gonna do much to their pack except put some water in it and reduce any fluff factor (air) that is still in it.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You should know by now that NH and Maine are the king of CAD...it takes an epic torch to really erase a based-up snow pack there. This is really just one semi-warm system that takes a while even down in SNE to finally warm sector us...it's not gonna do much to their pack except put some water in it and reduce any fluff factor (air) that is still in it.

And the areas that received the fluff can use the added moisture, Much better to groom

Archived