Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PaEasternWX said:

Dont assume we are all like that. Pretty rude of you guys to assume.

You've already done it.  There have been several instances of you coming in here and telling everyone that it's not going to snow in a backhanded way.  You were called out on it by several posters. I specifically remember telling you there were 2 Pa forums.

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My Star Wars movie rankings starting with the best. ..

#1 Empire

#2 Force Awakens 

#3 New Hope

#4 Jedi

The prequels made in the late 90s sucked...they don't count.

1. Jedi

2(tie). New Hope/Empire

4. Force Awakens

Jedi will always be tops for how we see Vader get some good back and save his son.  Space battle scene at the end is tops in my book.  The only reason why I don't give empire #2 is the degobah stuff.  The Luke training was such a bore.  The Han/Leia stuff was the best part and then finding out about Vader/Luke.  I know.  SPOILERS!!!

I really liked Force but I feel like it needs to stew a bit and see where the next ones take the story before judging.

And as far as the first 3. While I enjoyed the backstory being fleshed out Mannakin was awful.  And Jar Jar.  Yeah.  

39 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

"I'm really rooting for your guys" translates to "INTERIOR".

"euro shows you getting some snow on the back" translates to "miller b scroogie and I'm glad I live NE of your forum"

"I work in Baltimore so I'm local" translates to "check out my multiple PA deck and driveway pics @ 1,000' elevation! It's weird because it was raining at work"

"Philly forum is dead so I come to your forum for info" translates to "I can't wait for your meltdown so I know I'm getting snow"

I wish I could have come up with as perfect a response as this. I blame it on my daughter waking up four times last night and my having to come to work today, otherwise I'd have nailed it. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

"I'm really rooting for your guys" translates to "INTERIOR".

"euro shows you getting some snow on the back" translates to "miller b scroogie and I'm glad I live NE of your forum"

"I work in Baltimore so I'm local" translates to "check out my multiple PA deck and driveway pics @ 1,000' elevation! It's weird because it was raining at work"

"Philly forum is dead so I come to your forum for info" translates to "I can't wait for your meltdown so I know I'm getting snow"

+100 

37 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Nonsense.  In The Force Awakens when the lights dimmed and everyone thought the previews were finally over, it sounded like the Verizon Center when the Caps score.  But the next thing was a Coke commercial and they booed like a Dallas player introduction.

I'm OK with being excited, but when the movie is playing, folks should keep it down.

34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No way...that was before the time of political correctness.  It was awesome!! 

Rambo part 2 had cheering as well.

Political correctness? That's got nothing to do with why I prefer quiet in a theater, believe me! :lol:

33 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

No spoilers here, but when I saw Force Awakens during *THAT* scene people were screaming/crying.

Screaming and crying? Christ on a bike...

To each their own. I suppose there's a reason I generally don't like going to the movies (and it's not *only* because it's so damn expensive). For me, I don't want someone else's over-the-top enthusiasm to ruin a movie for me. I have my own reactions to movies, but I usually keep them to myself. Besides...I'm sure no one else in the theater wants to hear my high-pitched wail as a favorite character is offed.

I did go to see Moana with my daughter last week and I had a couple happy tears. It was really good.

31 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The R2D2/Chewbacca sex scene? Same.

You saw that version, too? I still don't understand why there was a peephole next to my seat...

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You've already done it.  There have been several instances of you coming in here and telling everyone that it's not going to snow in a backhanded way.  You were called out on it by several posters. I specifically remember telling you there were 2 Pa forums.

I never said that. If you are so sure then quote me. I am sure you will find nothing.

Edit: I looked through my own posts. If anything I have been doing the exact opposite. I rarely have been mentioning my region at all.

"

So far please no hate but it seems like this winter is better than last albeit slightly. BWI and DCA already have a trace recorded while last year at this time they had nothing. Too early to call "cancel" but I agree it is looking bleak ."
  •  

1 hour ago, PaEasternWX said:

Honestly you guys are ridiculous. I have never bragged about getting snow and you guys not. I am not one of those trolls which says how it isn't going to snow.

They are the worst. Bunch of jealous snow weenies. 

Just saw the post about PA.....I will just say my reason for posting here (and NYC) quite honestly is because I want to talk winter weather and patterns. Could care less who get what. No reason to brag/gloat.....I don't make it snow, I don't get a reward. PA forum is slow and I try my hardest to spawn discussion over there first but there are like one maybe two people that want to actually discuss over there. In NYC there are 3 or 4 folks that I can discuss wx with as well as several here I enjoy talking with. I don't come here to troll (maybe 10 years ago but marriage, kids, and aging tend to make you 'grow up'), at least I certainly hope my posts don't come off as such. I enjoy the entire site and appreciate the discussions. Look forward to a productive winter and hope I can contribute to the site and this subforum in a positive manner.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just saw the post about PA.....I will just say my reason for posting here (and NYC) quite honestly is because I want to talk winter weather and patterns. Could care less who get what. No reason to brag/gloat.....I don't make it snow, I don't get a reward. PA forum is slow and I try my hardest to spawn discussion over there first but there are like one maybe two people that want to actually discuss over there. In NYC there are 3 or 4 folks that I can discuss wx with as well as several here I enjoy talking with. I don't come here to troll (maybe 10 years ago but marriage, kids, and aging tend to make you 'grow up'), at least I certainly hope my posts don't come off as such. I enjoy the entire site and appreciate the discussions. Look forward to a productive winter and hope I can contribute to the site and this subforum in a positive manner.

You are always welcome.  I'd venture that you've never had anyone object to you being here.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived