Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

18 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Question. What was this "model flip" I've heard about regarding the December 27, 2010 storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That storm looked good from a week out before trending southeast. Gfs teased us with the back edge about 48 hours out but ultimately the stj wave was suppressed south then the storm bombed in time to come up east of us and slam philly and NYC with 1-2 feet. We got some flurries. 

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Clueless said:

It was a great film.   Made Christmas just a bit merrier for me.  I lost my mother st the beginning of the month.  What a nice respite from reality.  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad two years ago unexpectedly, so I understand what you are going through. I can tell you, it does get easier, make sure you have a good support system, and don't ever be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Hugs to you. 

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad two years ago unexpectedly, so I understand what you are going through. I can tell you, it does get easier, make sure you have a good support system, and don't ever be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Hugs to you. 

I took care of her for a long time and until the end.  Content to know she really made the best of her life.  Thanks for your thoughts.    I can always use a hug and some support!   

9 minutes ago, Clueless said:

I took care of her for a long time and until the end.  Content to know she really made the best of her life.  Thanks for your thoughts.    I can always use a hug and some support!   

Late to send my condolences and sorry to hear.  Losing a parent is hard no matter the circumstances.  Time does help.  They do live on inside us and as long as we abide by the things they taught us we honor them.

21 minutes ago, Clueless said:

if you ever need to talk, vent, ask for advice, whatever, please do not hesitate to do so. happy to listen and offer whatever i can. 

47 minutes ago, Clueless said:

So sorry for your loss. I hope in time the pain fades and the good memories you have comfort you.   

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Late to send my condolences and sorry to hear.  Losing a parent is hard no matter the circumstances.  Time does help.  They do live on inside us and as long as we abide by the things they taught us we honor them.

So true.  I'm just learning that now.  Thanks for your kind words. 

On 12/26/2016 at 10:33 AM, Clueless said:

It was a great film.   Made Christmas just a bit merrier for me.  I lost my mother st the beginning of the month.  What a nice respite from reality.  

A bit late here reading through stuff, but as others have expressed, I offer my sincere condolences. Lost my dad 5 years ago this past March, so can certainly understand the emotions you feel. Still not easy sometimes when I think of things. I've even had a couple of vivid dreams that involved him, which took place in the house I grew up in but my parents had moved out of over 20 years ago. Very odd and felt very real, but in a good way if that makes sense. Kind of a bit of closure in a way. 

31 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

A bit late here reading through stuff, but as others have expressed, I offer my sincere condolences. Lost my dad 5 years ago this past March, so can certainly understand the emotions you feel. Still not easy sometimes when I think of things. I've even had a couple of vivid dreams that involved him, which took place in the house I grew up in but my parents had moved out of over 20 years ago. Very odd and felt very real, but in a good way if that makes sense. Kind of a bit of closure in a way. 

I appreciate it. I've already had some dreams about her. So thank you for sharing.  Trying to get used to life without a parent is challenging no matter what age you are.  And December is never an easy month.  Eh.  I'm gong to carry on in the best way I know how.  

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Well, we're a family in a weird way. Weather connects us, but there is so much more--we find joy together, bicker together, and sometimes we hurt together. I won't pretend to fully understand what you've been going through, but I've definitely shed a tear for you and your loss, just as I have for others around here at times. I can only hope that you feel the warmth from our virtual hug :)   

Oh, yes. This forum is special.  I accept your virtual hug.  I am certainly in need.  How many times have we rolled laughing with tears in our eyes?   I can't even count. It's kept me sane.  Even the squabbling and the ninja trolling we experience.  It's all good. Thanks so much.  

Alright quick question for all my weenies out there.. Am I the only one who actually doesn't like wind with my snow? I enjoy a calm to light wind so I can actually see the snow falling lol. Last year during the night I couldn't even see the snow it was just a bunch of pixie dust blowing around haha. I said it! I don't like blizzards! Tell me I'm not the only one on this.. please

3 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Alright quick question for all my weenies out there.. Am I the only one who actually doesn't like wind with my snow? I enjoy a calm to light wind so I can actually see the snow falling lol. Last year during the night I couldn't even see the snow it was just a bunch of pixie dust blowing around haha. I said it! I don't like blizzards! Tell me I'm not the only one on this.. please

100% with you.  I want a completely calm wind with heavy snow.

4 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Actually will take my snow anyway it is served.  The thing I like about blizzards is the actual warning.  It's red on the NWS site and one step above WSW.  It's rare and exciting and ratchets the panic level up.  Even the blizzard watch is an evil green color.  I could leave the wind however.  

32 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

I agree but mostly because a calm wind allows for higher ratios and I live on top of a mountain ridge at about 1100 feet and the wind can get crazy. In some cases half my snow can blow into the trees downwind. I'll have a few inches and drifts with 2 feet in the sheltered places and in the woods. I like when we get a heavy wet snow with not much wind so the snow is more uniform. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived