Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ginx snewx

Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the 12z 4km NAM is right there with the HRRR, printing 2.0-2.5" QPF over Mansfield from 21z this afternoon through 21z tomorrow. 

There's certainly some high bust potential here on the summits.  Probably won't make much difference below 2,000ft as I think it struggles mightily below that elevation...but do the Picnic Tables get 5-8" or like 14-16" is now my question.

Easy foot plus for the tables probably close to 18 you will blizzard tonight, maybe biggest event of the year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for you guys.  Yeah it sure looks like the center is down near CN/RI/MA intersection.  Looking at baro pressures it such a broad area of low pressure.  From Bar Harbor all the way down to SNE.  Does the center of lowest pressure become more pronounced towards a center point , this afternoon as the storm continues to intensify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Question for you guys.  Yeah it sure looks like the center is down near CN/RI/MA intersection.  Looking at baro pressures it such a broad area of low pressure.  From Bar Harbor all the way down to SNE.  Does the center of lowest pressure become more pronounced towards a center point , this afternoon as the storm continues to intensify?

No center is offshore

pmsl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moneypitmike said:

I didn't even bother looking at temps at the Pit until Scott referenced being "down" to 61* at his place.

 

It's 45* at mi casa off a midnight high of 61*.   It's pretty dang warm here in Maine at this point.

58 now. Quite the gradient from W-E. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12z ECM continues huge hit northern Greens after 00z tonight.  The SFC low is a bit further east than a couple days ago, looks to be a deform and upslope possibility.

1-1.5" QPF with 850s under 0C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

12z ECM continues huge hit northern Greens after 00z tonight.  The SFC low is a bit further east than a couple days ago, looks to be a deform and upslope possibility.

1-1.5" QPF with 850s under 0C.

Parachutes for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Reports of snow around Albany, that guy who use to live in the hills outside Albany maybe snowing

I'm impressed where it's snowing down under 2000ft.  Easing my concerns about 925 temps as even the 12z EURO has no one even at 0C for 925 temps in NY right now.  In fact it's +1C across the board in NY but still getting accums down to the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm impressed where it's snowing down under 2000ft.  Easing my concerns about 925 temps as even the 12z EURO has no one even at 0C for 925 temps in NY right now.  In fact it's +1C across the board in NY but still getting accums down to the surface.

Sometimes when it's like +1C at 925 and you have real good lift, that's an isothermal blue bomb in my experience. The lift and subsequent melting will find a way to make it 0C or close to it. Not too surprised to see that given the dynamics. That bodes well for the high terrain of western MA and VT..especially windward side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×