Newest Member
    joxey
Local Impacts to the NYC area from Hurricane Matthew

NJwx85

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

It's terrible. I mean every model had Hermine and Matthew hitting the area . Hermine was a big miss and now it looks like Matthew is also. Smfh.

It doesn't surprise me that medium/long range models turn out to be wrong 4-5 days in advance with a Hurricane.

33 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

It's terrible. I mean every model had Hermine and Matthew hitting the area . Hermine was a big miss and now it looks like Matthew is also. Smfh.

Wrong, Euro never hit us.  In fact it's 8 day forecast issued 200 hrs ago was dead on with location and speed of Matthew. An unbelievable accomplishment.

59 minutes ago, WaPo said:

The loop is real. Holy ****. Lol. There's a chance we get a reverse Ivan. 

It's one of three possible outcomes i see right now.

1. NHC current track verifys and its just inside the bench mark with plenty of rain and a little wind here. (Coastal impacts could still be severe)

2. Exit stage right under hatters (self explanatory)

3. Major stall and trap. And or cyclonic loop back towards the coast south of myrtle beach

All there are very much in play right now. Anyone who says other wise needs a time out. 

1 hour ago, qg_omega said:

Wrong, Euro never hit us.  In fact it's 8 day forecast issued 200 hrs ago was dead on with location and speed of Matthew. An unbelievable accomplishment.

The Euro was waffled all over the place with the track/timing of Matthew and the strength of the war.  The only thing it's been consistent on is a weak trough or zonal flow and Matthew not making it up here. 

Yeah I have to agree with you Rtd208 I'm really hoping for the opposite but it's hard to to bet against what the trend has been today.  Also people that are saying the NHC didn't  move the cone and there smarter than us actually they don't really need to move the cone cause it's called the cone of uncertainty for a reason and the hurricane could be anywhere within that cone and as of now models have it on the eastern side of the cone. That's why they haven't moved it yet but I can guarantee if the 0z and tomorrow's 6z runs continue the South and  East trend you will see the cone shifted South and East. 

15 minutes ago, mike1984 said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct-NnE8W8AA-0o0.jpg:large

Cone of uncertainty moving away from the area. I'd assume, if 0z runs hold serve, it will be even more east and south of the area. Lets hope so!! (for those who don't want the storm)

A track 100 miles or so offshore would have given much needed rain and some wind but nothing too damaging given it would be quick moving. Instead it's looking likelier it will be squashed south and east by the too flat and progressive pattern. That means maybe some rain with the weak front and that's it. 

Archived