Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Nexrad showing 15" near Fayetteville right in the headwaters of the already flooded Cape Fear river, this will be worse than Floyd there.....cause it isnt going to stop anytime soon, they probably going to get 4-6" more....

We're going to end up with at LEAST 10" here, if radar trends hold.

Ventured Outside,,,  Snowscut Bridge I just got word is closing @ 2:30PM

Pressure still falling 983.75

I'm hearing Thunder!!!!! (I know the difference between Transformers) but; We have Power out to Parts of the Island, (Including Me)...

Overwash coming down the Street from the Beach...

Wind is Almost steady @ 45~50 mph...

Sheets of rain...

Had a Friend venture out, Get WARNED by Police, Managed to get this Picture of Kure Beach Pier... Still standing, don't know how much more the Ole Girl can take...

Kurepier2.jpg

7 minutes ago, SENC said:

I'm hearing Thunder!!!!! (I know the difference between Transformers) but; We have Power out to Parts of the Island, (Including Me)...

Sheets of rain...

Had a Friend venture out, Get WARNED by Police, Managed to get this Picture of Kure Beach Pier... Still standing, don't know how much more the Ole Girl can take...

Kurepier2.jpg

Crazy waves for sure.....hrs of this left to go, if it keeps this track its gonna be rough up the entire NC coast.....

17 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

We're going to end up with at LEAST 10" here, if radar trends hold.

The heaviest totals are going to end up a little west than progged, totals in the east especially west of Hwy 17 still have a long way to go to eclipse a foot.  We look to be on and off here for the next hour or two, Wilson Smithfield on the other hand are sustaining those heavier returns.

Hopefully Kure Beach Pier holds...I'd be sad to see that go. 

Also hearing thunder and lightning now up by Snows Cut in south Wilmington. Conditions have deteriorated a bit. Not much in the way of rain here (unlike our friends to the west), but flooding is getting bad, especially downtown ILM.

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

Where you see that....if it did thats pretty crazy this soon....

They reported it on their FB page.

Wind is definitely picking up h ere, though still not more than breezy. I called my mom in north Raleigh and while I was on the phone she reported a decent wind gust, and the rain was coming down hard.

19 minutes ago, SENC said:

Sheets of rain...

Kurepier2.jpg

My family and I were just down your way last week.  We go to CB every year.  We stayed close to the north end and the flooding last week was pretty amazing.  I was disappointed that Brit's was closed for the season. :(

Archived