Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

11 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Has RAH done a case study of this event?  If so, where is it?  I checked their past events page and the page doesn't work for me.

Here is there FB status Oct. 16th... so it's coming

"While the weather today and for the next few days should be quiet and comfortable, we know that many of you continue to deal with the effects of Hurricane Matthew. We are proud to serve the many strong and resilient communities across central North Carolina who have experienced catastrophic flooding, and we are hopeful that this dry period will allow remaining floodwaters to recede and the recovery process to begin.

We are compiling a case study to document the hurricane's impacts on central North Carolina, and we would appreciate any storm-related pictures of flooding or wind damage that you took over the past week. Any pictures that we use for the case study will, of course, be credited to you. If the picture isn't yours, let us know who to credit. Thank you so much."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Has RAH done a case study of this event?  If so, where is it?  I checked their past events page and the page doesn't work for me.

MHX has this out but I am not sure RAH has done more than a wind and rain map.....http://www.weather.gov/mhx/MatthewSummary

Water dropping in Pitt Co finally, I got back to work yesterday after being unable to work for a week, lots of roads washed out around the area etc leading to some epic traffic issues and the kids finally went back to school today but they are running 2hr delay every morning because the buses have to back track etc to drive around all the wash outs etc. We ended up 4.5-5 ft below the level Floyd got and Floyd impacted everyone since the water go the main power switching station and literally the entire county had no power for 4-7 days.....the water also completely cut off roads so no fuel or food could get in....the water treatment plant flooded in Floyd and we couldn't drink the water etc, it really heavily impacted everyone....Matthew not so much unless you lived in the flood areas or those few places that had multiple wash outs on a singe road cutting those places off. The Neuse and Cape Fear systems on the other hand had it a lot worse.

1 hour ago, metwannabe said:

Here is there FB status Oct. 16th... so it's coming

"While the weather today and for the next few days should be quiet and comfortable, we know that many of you continue to deal with the effects of Hurricane Matthew. We are proud to serve the many strong and resilient communities across central North Carolina who have experienced catastrophic flooding, and we are hopeful that this dry period will allow remaining floodwaters to recede and the recovery process to begin.

We are compiling a case study to document the hurricane's impacts on central North Carolina, and we would appreciate any storm-related pictures of flooding or wind damage that you took over the past week. Any pictures that we use for the case study will, of course, be credited to you. If the picture isn't yours, let us know who to credit. Thank you so much."

Thanks.  I saw a wind map on the previous page, but I can't find where it's located (what site did it come from?).

1 hour ago, downeastnc said:

MHX has this out but I am not sure RAH has done more than a wind and rain map.....http://www.weather.gov/mhx/MatthewSummary

Water dropping in Pitt Co finally, I got back to work yesterday after being unable to work for a week, lots of roads washed out around the area etc leading to some epic traffic issues and the kids finally went back to school today but they are running 2hr delay every morning because the buses have to back track etc to drive around all the wash outs etc. We ended up 4.5-5 ft below the level Floyd got and Floyd impacted everyone since the water go the main power switching station and literally the entire county had no power for 4-7 days.....the water also completely cut off roads so no fuel or food could get in....the water treatment plant flooded in Floyd and we couldn't drink the water etc, it really heavily impacted everyone....Matthew not so much unless you lived in the flood areas or those few places that had multiple wash outs on a singe road cutting those places off. The Neuse and Cape Fear systems on the other hand had it a lot worse.

Thanks man.  You guys really had a mess.  I'm glad you got to go back to work.  What a track that storm took!  I mean it just wiped out the entire SE coast with that track.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Updated from RAL: updated our precipitation analysis and maximum wind gust maps

I would like to know how they dictate Matthew precipitation and the cold front precipitation at the same time. Boone received over 4". I received over 2". Some areas more than that along the northern blue ridge. Some over half a foot going into south-west Virginia. 

Archived