Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Hermine Impacts

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, larrye said:

Still, it got the "concept" right and was the closest to verifying for the track up until the retrograde, no? I'm not a met and I fully understand that it didn't get the complete solution and didn't get the solution mile-by-mile, but to say it was "terrible"? Isn't part of being a meteorologist using the various model solutions together with one's skill and knowledge and other tools such as water vapor imagery and radar to "complete" the forecast to the best of their ability? It seems to me that the Euro did the best with this storm for us in the NYC area thus far.

The model hugging that goes on here to try to justify the worst case scenario boggles my mind. We had people at one point singling out the HWRF because it had Hermine at the lowest barometric pressures.

Wrong. Euro was the most amped of all the models and was awful. GFS was better. 

Not sure what "concept" the Euro got right..I.dont understand this comment at all. 

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Wrong. Euro was the most amped of all the models and was awful. GFS was better. 

Not sure what "concept" the Euro got right..I.dont understand this comment at all. 

The eastward component - from my recollection, it never really showed the same extent of retrograde as the GFS and the Canadian ... I believe even the NWS in their statements made note of this and made note that their track was east of the GFS and the Canadian. I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, larrye said:

The eastward component - from my recollection, it never really showed the same extent of retrograde as the GFS and the Canadian ... I believe even the NWS in their statements made note of this and made note that their track was east of the GFS and the Canadian. I could be wrong.

The Euro had her slamming into the mid Atlantic. 

145430 3824N 06653W 6971 03141 0067 +079 //// 152040 044 066 005 01
145500 3826N 06652W 6967 03146 0085 +072 //// 157038 039 066 004 01
145530 3827N 06650W 6963 03152 //// +077 //// 152040 042 065 004 01

Wouldn't be surprised by next advisory they upgraded it to 75 mph.

Edit: I know this is off topic but could someone tell me how to ignore a certain poster. Is there like a ignore option or something?

TS Warnings should've been dropped with the 4 am package.  Will be amazed if they're not dropped soon or with the 4 pm package.  Much less coastal flooding and beach erosion with the storm being over 150 miles east of where it was expected to be just 24-36 hours ago.  It's over - it's not retrograding 150 miles westward.  

Just now, WeatherFan202 said:

Tracking hermine was a waste of 3 weeks of my life.

I lost a lot of sleep these past 2 weeks

I went to bed after the Euro and woke up to check the 6z runs and then went back to sleep

I really thought this was going to happen since every model had it

18 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Anyone at the beach right now know this is not a bust. Surf is the biggest since sandy. Definite severe beach erosion occurring 

Currently at Jones Beach. Looks like 6-8 feet waves breaking several hundred feet off shore. Water got halfway up beach this morning. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived