Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Wow that's crazy!! Nothing but intermittent clouds and sunshine here in Lindenhurst.  Were it not for this board, I would never even know a storm was so close by!

Yea about 8 miles NE of you. Storms popped on sea breeze front. Usually form mid island in that setup

3 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Heavy rain and thunder for past 90 minutes..wtf...mets bust again..more rain today than yesterday.  We have had more than enough rain this month imby and hopefully we can go back to dry and sunny weather in August

You should just make your own forecasts, so you don't have to listen to those clowns.

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

You should just make your own forecasts, so you don't have to listen to those clowns.

It's not like thunderstorms were in the forecast today....sigh.

Mets should have known ahead of time where these storms would train.

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Princeton Junction has to have flooding issues right now.  Been training over then for a couple hours already.

I was just about to post about it.

over 4 inches in that area already, and this event has just begun.   Isolated parts could really have some serious fllooding.  Hit or miss the whole time though. 

19 minutes ago, Rjay said:

It's not like thunderstorms were in the forecast today....sigh.

Mets should have known ahead of time where these storms would train.

forecasts were downplaying storms today as of this morning..saying more to north and west...they certainly were not talking about training and 2-4 inch amounts. Its a busted forecast when you get extreme amounts like this and never even got warned about them...Im not talking about weather people like me, Im talking about the general public that didnt get informed about this possibility..dont know why you have to take issue with me..its not just a run of the mill garden variety storms, its pretty extreme...funny that today much much worst than the benign event hyped for Friday for days that never occurred...strange why a poster like me cant call out mets and forecasters when they miss, why is that, there seems to be a lot of other stuff allowed on here but right away I say something and boy the weenies get their panties in a bunch about it

10 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

forecasts were downplaying storms today as of this morning..saying more to north and west...they certainly were not talking about training and 2-4 inch amounts. Its a busted forecast when you get extreme amounts like this and never even got warned about them...Im not talking about weather people like me, Im talking about the general public that didnt get informed about this possibility..dont know why you have to take issue with me..its not just a run of the mill garden variety storms, its pretty extreme...funny that today much much worst than the benign event hyped for Friday for days that never occurred...strange why a poster like me cant call out mets and forecasters when they miss, why is that, there seems to be a lot of other stuff allowed on here but right away I say something and boy the weenies get their panties in a bunch about it

The area under the FFW was outlooked in the flash flood potential discussion this morning. 

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/ero.php?opt=curr&day=1

4 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

No one really cares if you are disappointed.

ug oh. their in deep doo-doo

storm reports already

0404 PM     FLASH FLOOD      WEST WINDSOR TWP        40.29N  74.64W
07/30/2016                   MERCER             NJ   SOCIAL MEDIA

MULTIPLE ROADS REPORTED TO BE FLOODED AND IMPASSABLE.
            FLOODING REPORTED ON US 1... COUNTY ROUTE 571...
            WASHINGTON ROAD AND ALEXANDER ROAD. WATER RESCUES
            REPORTED TO BE ONGOING IN THE PRINCETON AREA.

0420 PM     FLASH FLOOD      PLAINSBORO              40.33N  74.60W
07/30/2016                   MIDDLESEX          NJ   SOCIAL MEDIA

FLASH FLOODING OCCURING IN PLAINSBORO. WATER REPORTED
            UP TO THE BUMPERS OF CARS.

1 minute ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Can anyone explain to me the technical reasons for a training storm to appear like that?  How is it pulling so much moisture through one relatively small area and not moving?

lack of any strong, upper level winds to move the storm.   their in the worst spot right now.

and practically all of eastern PA / western NJ will be in the same flow for the next 24 hours. 

Archived