joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been under the backbuilding tail end of that cell, with 5" of rain on my little deck this afternoon.  Not official, but definitely WET.

Moderate rain is still falling. edit - rain has almost ceased, as of 6:25 PM  - at least for now.

I look over the D&R Canal between W Windsor and Princeton, near Alexander Road.

Went to the beach in Long Beach today and the water was quite warm by NY standards. I know on shore winds help but I was suprised.  Not many times i can remember ocean water so warm around here. Maybe in late Aug or so but not July.  I'll take it.  

17 minutes ago, dWave said:

Went to the beach in Long Beach today and the water was quite warm by NY standards. I know on shore winds help but I was suprised.  Not many times i can remember ocean water so warm around here. Maybe in late Aug or so but not July.  I'll take it.  

Yeah it was nice today at jones beach as well. Water was a nice green blue. We did not get much rain though. Mostly light rain on and off

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah it was nice today at jones beach as well. Water was a nice green blue. We did not get much rain though. Mostly light rain on and off

A light rain developed and you could see the dark skies to the west, and clear skies to the east.  It became a steady and at times heavy rain by late afternoon.  The beach was pretty much empty by mid afternoon, though it wasn't really bad till a couple hrs later.

I think this summer already peaked. I picked up a lot of rain which is good because I don't have to water the plants tomorrow. Anyway today is going to be an ugly muggy day with some clearance later tonight. Patchy dense fog will keep the temps lower in some spots. Once the next real cool night happens when all this moisture has moved out, which should be by Wednesday night or so, some suburbs could dip into the lower 50's.

Looks like today could be another day of heavy rains with localized flooding especially during the afternoon and evening hours. Not sure what my total rainfall was yesterday but when I checked during the evening I was a little over 0.50". Probably wound up with between 0.50"-0.75" of rain for the day, not as much as some other areas received.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ   858 AM EDT SUN JUL 31 2016       .TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON       .DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.     ..REMARKS..  

0842 AM HEAVY RAIN OCEAN COUNTY AIRPORT 39.93N 74.30W   07/31/2016

M5.59 INCH OCEAN NJ ASOS     SINCE 530 AM EDT  

radar showing 5 inches now in hunterdon county....and the radar was underestimating rates in Ocean county earlier with up to 6 inches there measured

heavy showers continue to develop although max rates are more like 1.5 inch per hour now versus 2.5

12z models and meso trends = interesting afternoon flood wise for you guys

12z models 

well it was already a wet July in my backyard but now its become absurd. 4 inches in just 7 days. I got 2.28 yesterday, another .14 today and counting and over 3 inches in the past 3 days. My total for July is 7.45 and it could break 8 inches by the end of the day...probaby puts it into a top 10 if not top 5 wettest Julys ever I would assume

drought talk...lol. Yes we were dry at the end of June but it only took two inches in the first 10 days of June to green the lawns up again and the 8 days of 90 plus in July really had no drought impact

So hopefully starting Tuesday we can start drying out. The flooding was absurd in Mercer and Middlesex, no one should want stuff like that to happen. Heres to some nice dry weather coming in midweek

Archived