joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you're enjoying this lovely weather Warlock. I know I would be...

FLASH FLOOD WARNING
NJC019-035-312000-
/O.NEW.KPHI.FF.W.0030.160731T1553Z-160731T2000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
FLASH FLOOD WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
1153 AM EDT SUN JUL 31 2016

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ  HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...
  EAST CENTRAL HUNTERDON COUNTY IN NORTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY...
  SOUTHERN SOMERSET COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 400 PM EDT

* AT 1153 AM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN ACROSS THE
  WARNED AREA. UP TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN. FLASH
  FLOODING IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SHORTLY.

* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...
  NEW BRUNSWICK...SOMERVILLE...SOMERSET...MIDDLESEX...BOUND BROOK...
  MANVILLE...MILLSTONE...MARTINSVILLE...BELLE MEAD...CLOVERHILL...
  FLAGTOWN...RARITAN AND SOUTH BOUND BROOK.

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF TWO TO THREE INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN
THE WARNED AREA.

DRIVING INTO FLOOD WATERS COULD PUT YOUR LIFE AT RISK AND COST YOU
THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN VEHICLE REPAIRS. FLOOD WATERS MAY BE DEEPER
THAT YOU THINK.  TURN AROUND AND FIND AN ALTERNATE ROUTE.

1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

well it was already a wet July in my backyard but now its become absurd. 4 inches in just 7 days. I got 2.28 yesterday, another .14 today and counting and over 3 inches in the past 3 days. My total for July is 7.45 and it could break 8 inches by the end of the day...probaby puts it into a top 10 if not top 5 wettest Julys ever I would assume

drought talk...lol. Yes we were dry at the end of June but it only took two inches in the first 10 days of June to green the lawns up again and the 8 days of 90 plus in July really had no drought impact

So hopefully starting Tuesday we can start drying out. The flooding was absurd in Mercer and Middlesex, no one should want stuff like that to happen. Heres to some nice dry weather coming in midweek

What goes up must come down. Or in this case, what goes down must come up ;)  Payback from the extremely dry spring and early summer 

39 minutes ago, UnionWX said:

Sun is out. Areas just to my south have been absolutely dumped on this weekend.

Really sharp rainfall gradient in July with Atlantic City coming in at 6th wettest at 8.82". The hardest hit by drought Suffolk County got

the least amount of rain with only 3.15" at ISP. 

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/central-suffolk-in-severe-drought-u-s-drought-monitor-says-1.12105316

Any input of if the metro area is expecting the radar to explode later today.

My local point and click is going with 1-2 inches of rain tonight and more tomorrow.

Current radar does not look all that impressive.

This Afternoon
Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 79. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 66. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Monday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible

45 minutes ago, Animal said:

Any input of if the metro area is expecting the radar to explode later today.

My local point and click is going with 1-2 inches of rain tonight and more tomorrow.

Current radar does not look all that impressive.

This Afternoon
Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 79. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 66. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Monday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible

Things should get more active later. We're in a bit of a lull but the 18z HRRR EXP has things really exploding between 02 and 03z.

Archived