Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
6/19-6/23 Severe Weather Risk

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have family in the Chicago area (south burbs), is this a serious post? Very concerned.

I'm in the south burbs.  There is plenty of breaking coverage during severe events that so long as you have the tv or radio on, you're going to be informed.  Also a lot of people get themselves out on the porch to keep an eye on things.  Tough to be caught off guard in such a populated area.  My biggest thing during severe events is offering up my basement to friends and family if sirens start going off.

Another thing I've noticed is that the HRRR has a 996 low in Nebraska at 07Z Wed.  If correct that is deeper than the 1000 mb low we've been talking about which is still unusually strong for late June.

HRRR is trying to go nuclear with the MCS over IA tonight, Purduewx has been hinting at that

4K NAM has some nasty cells tomorrow, multiple discretes. Central Iowa gonna get the train ran on them hard.

Wasn't sure if this was mentioned but rantoul in northtwen Champaign county near Gifford where the F-3 demolished he town on 11-17-13, sustained heavy damage last night during some straight line winds.

Anyone chasing tomorrow? I'm planning on taking 24 over to Northern IN to possibly Warsaw

I will probably be staying put until things start to develop (as the possibility exists for them tracking overhead) but thinking of heading towards Morris, Il and see where things go.

Edit: that's if the baby holds off... Wife is scheduled for induction this weekend.

4K NAM has some nasty cells tomorrow, multiple discretes. Central Iowa gonna get the train ran on them hard.

Wasn't sure if this was mentioned but rantoul in northtwen Champaign county near Gifford where the F-3 demolished he town on 11-17-13, sustained heavy damage last night during some straight line winds.

I saw some of the damage on Twitter looked pretty bad. The Weather Radio was going off like crazy last night for that I-74 corridor

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Probably NW IL, eastern Iowa and over towards Lafayette looks prime for severe. Expecting a moderate rain with a little thunder here. Will be on asperatus cloud watch.

I honestly don't know what to expect, it could be a near miss or a very dangerous situation over here and near the heart of Chicago. We will have to carefully watch the models tonight and tomorrow morning's situation

Don't these setups typically end up north of guidance? I remember on a few occasions last year things typically lined up with models, if not a hair north?

I thought they usually end up further south? But it doesn't matter, though, this situation is not the same as our regular setups.

I honestly don't know what to expect, it could be a near miss or a very dangerous situation over here and near the heart of Chicago. We will have to carefully watch the models tonight and tomorrow morning's situation

Many thought June 5th 2010 wasn't going to be an event in Michigan. Boy were they wrong.

Archived