• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6/19-6/23 Severe Weather Risk

Jim Martin

4km NAM has initiation very similar (timing and location) to the NMM i posted above

Thinking the highest severe threat stays just southwest of the loop/city proper (over the favored local southwest suburban tornado alley into hoosiertown) but it's certainly going to be within striking distance

4K NAM simulated radar agrees with you. Similar radar feel to the 6/22/15 storms.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going through the 4km simulated reflectivity really suggests little break in activity tomorrow in northern IL/IN.

if there ends up being overlap between areas that see 1"+ with the midday convection and then heavy severe storms, the waterlogged ground could certainly ramp up any tree damage.

nam4km_apcpn_ncus_16.png

12z GFS is more in line with 12z 4k NAM tracking the low from Chicago to Toledo to Pitt with the 12z NAM being a bit north of that. Risk areas need to be shifted/expanded south some imo.

I think trimming the northern end would be justified.  Not sure about how much of a southward expansion though given capping concerns.

Via Ricky, they are going to change the orientation a bit but keep all the LOT CWA in it. 

Seems like a good call at this point.  Don't want to overreact too far only to have to bring it northward tomorrow.  I was thinking they might cut some out of WI/MI but we'll see.

i really don't see the need to keep places like Lake Co in the moderate but they're the pros

Could have something to do with what I posted above.  Also, I'm not sure how much input LOT has in this outlook but if they do, still being a day out and for consistency they might not want to have only one or two of their counties removed.

Archived