SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 Obs/Disc

mappy

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather intense cell between Salisbury and Ocean City. Scattered storms elsewhere. Another decent rainmaker near Fort Meade, another in Cecil County. Worcester/Wicomico cell just got TW'd.

Had a torrential cell move through here. Almost made it home but it busted loose 2 miles from home....man that was some blinding rain and decent wind with it.

Picked up 1.15" in 30 mins.

Yesterday ended up being about as nice a day as you could realistically ask for a late-June outdoor wedding.  Certainly nicer in Mt. Crawford (SE of Harrisonburg) than it was here when I left.  4 degrees cooler there and - somehow - felt much less humid.  As the sun got low and shade enveloped the outdoor patio of the venue, it became delightful.  Cross Keys Vineyard is a beautiful place; the scenery is remarkable.

It's good seeing no 90s in the seven-day forecast; mainly low/mid 80s. Nice summer so far.

It's been a beautiful summer so far. I haven't broken a sweat one time so far this crabbing season. This morning was actually a little chilly before sun up. Absolutely gorgeous morning and the crabs were just as pretty :)

Sunny and 80

Out in San Diego until Friday.  Woke up to 73 and no marine layer, then drove to the Salton Sea where it was 112.  I've been to Vegas before, but I've never felt heat like that when you're -20 feet below sea level.  Holy Moses.

have fun at the users conference!!! 

Very tame month so far.  Airports running at about a +1 departure.  No double-digit departure days in either direction.  Near to slightly below normal precip at DCA/BWI.  The only abnormal thing is that IAD got soaked twice and have over double the amount of precip than the other airports.

Speak for yourselves.  :P  CHO has had a few overnight lows in the 70s, 3 days in the mid 90s, and a +2.8 departure. Still, it hasn't been horrible. We had some areas in Nelson County pick up 13" of rain the first few days of June. Meanwhile, the airport north of Charlottesville has only picked up 3.75", with 1.35" of that coming in basically 30 minutes with one storm on the 16th after topping 94°. :lol: There are some areas north of town that are below average in terms of rainfall. 

Of course, you look at things for McCormick, which is on Grounds at UVA, and they're only +0.4° with 4.92" of rain this month. Got to love the difference ~10 miles and a touch of elevation will do for ya!  :raining:

Archived