joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A June Obs Thread

NWNC2015

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice cluster of storms formed within 10 miles of me, but moved on to the southeast. We did not even get a cool breeze from them, much less any rain. This is exactly how things went in 1993 with this area missing rain by any way imaginable. This summer looks to be even drier than that one was where I am.

Headed to the beach???

328 PM EDT FRI JUN 17 2016...GUSTY WINDS EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY ACROSS PORTIONSOF COASTAL EASTERN NC....A STRONG PRESSURE GRADIENT WILL DEVELOP BETWEEN A STRENGTHENINGCOASTAL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OFF THE NC COAST AND HIGH PRESSUREWELL NORTH OF THE AREA. NORTHEAST WINDS WILL GUST TO 45 MPH LATETONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THE GRADIENT DIMINISHES LATESATURDAY INTO SUNDAY... THOUGH WINDS MAY STILL GUST 30 TO 35 MPHFOR THE OUTER BANKS AND COASTAL SECTIONS ON SUNDAY.

The midlands got hammered hard today with blinding rains, high winds and hail. KCAE did manage to hit 100 degrees before the storms arrived. MBY hit 93 degrees. A big contrast to some in NC with much lower temps and low humidity.

Still no rain here. Those storms formed less than 10 miles to my south and east and went that way. Now no real chance of rain in sight.

The midlands got hammered hard today with blinding rains, high winds and hail. KCAE did manage to hit 100 degrees before the storms arrived. MBY hit 93 degrees. A big contrast to some in NC with much lower temps and low humidity.

Another day, another century marked   <_<   Congrats to those in Richland county who had some very gusty winds. The shelf cloud from the cell, was looking pretty good as I was leaving Columbiana. It also stormed pretty good in Calhoun/Orangeburg before merging with the line near Manning and pushing towards the coast. At the very least, there were some very gusty winds and some vivid lightning along with the tropical downpours   ^_^  :thumbsup:    mby and CAE recorded 0.00 today   :(

Another day, another century marked   <_<   Congrats to those in Richland county who had some very gusty winds. The shelf cloud from the cell, was looking pretty good as I was leaving Columbiana. It also stormed pretty good in Calhoun/Orangeburg before merging with the line near Manning and pushing towards the coast. At the very least, there were some very gusty winds and some vivid lightning along with the tropical downpours   ^_^  :thumbsup:    mby and CAE recorded 0.00 today   :(

Dang, you are up to 2 days of 100 degree highs this year. Really hate it when you have all those storms and not get a drop. Looked like this was primarily a Richland county event, except for extreme northern and eastern parts of Lexington Co. It got real dark and wicked looking outside, and it hit like a full blown tropical storm. also knocked the temp from 93 to 69 pretty quickly.

Archived