joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A June Obs Thread

NWNC2015

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few weak showers when the Blacksburg radar was down past few days...may go unreported by the government...but I know what fell in my own damn yard despite 0% probabilities or precip reported to a drought monitor. 

Also possible tornado damage when the radar was done to my north-west.

13466027_1111946218864313_51622387100180

https://www.facebook.com/100004465807646/videos/633248470167341/

Sounds like there is some wind damage in town from that storm, we got on the edge of the worst and it was rough at work, lots of branches and stuff down, sounds like there may have been some legit 60+ mph winds around with this one.

I caught the edge of it in Washington on my home from Greenville. As intense of a non-tropical downpour as I've ever encountered at night. Had to pull over and wait it out. Winds maybe 30-40, but the rain and "strobe" lightning were intense.

I caught the edge of it in Washington on my home from Greenville. As intense of a non-tropical downpour as I've ever encountered at night. Had to pull over and wait it out. Winds maybe 30-40, but the rain and "strobe" lightning were intense.

Still activity firing, parameters are quite unstable all thing considered for this time of night....I could see plenty of lightning out the top of the Wilson cell that's dying out on my "lunch" break....... and tomorrow could see more severe, especially if we get the sun and heat, if it makes it into the mid 90's with the wet ground its gonna be unbearable out.

Peak HI so far here is 104, DP but its mixed out now went from 77 to 70 in a hr......need some storms so I can sit on my porch with a cold beer and watch the show, I had to work last night and missed what everyone is calling the best light show of the year so far.

Well, we are under a watch this time, so we'll be lucky to see any storms.

That seems to be the norm now when it comes to severe weather threats around here.

I'm not talking about just severe threats. Weather for the next 2 days. A cold front went missing, so the whole process/forecast has been adjusted, including tomorrow's weather.

Archived