joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A June Obs Thread

NWNC2015

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General outlook today and what to expect for obs. Light blue just general thunder showers. Green is flood area to monitor likely few warnings with best chance north of the brown line and a second area below that into the northern mountains of NC. Yellow shaded area may see a slight risk of damaging winds in isolated thunderstorms with the red markings the best chance at warnings. Dark blue line is primary focus first half of the day.

13494841_1050702638356063_87429327093053

ok that map above was just a joke but completely nailed it here with severe warnings and flood.

3.5"+ basement flooding and still raining. main line still west. not quiet severe winds and non-severe hail.

below is my backyard no streams or anything run through it except during the winter during snow/ice melt

13507172_1039436742777412_30810882221752

Indirect impact from the severe storm in Yadkin County produced gusty winds to the west over the foothills and caused mud/land slide when the tree fell. Fairly unprecedented/odd.

Radar supports additional flash flood warnings and possibly PDS Flash Flood Emergencies if any area sees 6-12" which looks possible. Radar estimate of 4.9" south-west of Elkin.

Multiple hail storms in progress over north-east Tennessee. 

ok that map above was just a joke but completely nailed it here with severe warnings and flood.

3.5"+ basement flooding and still raining. main line still west. not quiet severe winds and non-severe hail.

below is my backyard no streams or anything run through it except during the winter during snow/ice melt

13507172_1039436742777412_30810882221752

Had never seen red flood waters until I got caught in a downpour in Boone back in May. I am used to clear flood waters.

I don't mind pushing water and digging ditches EXCEPT when its lightning bad. Had to come in and take a break. I mean seriously when u think the atmosphere is done after 5" of rain it tries to hail and lightning so bad from areas upstream that didn't see a drop!

Tore up the yard already and evacuating everything out of the basement. Good part is I got free buckets of paint and other stuff that floated downstream in my backyard. 

13508996_1050916825001311_26764429632422

GSP is dumb as rocks why is there no warning for Taylorsville? They are seeing 3"+ rates. Watch out Brushy Mountain area need a flash flood warning if not serious PDS that area is prone to major slides. 

You need to stop trashing the NWS mets.   

ok here is my today's forecast obs on what we should expect

overall less numerous and focus shifts south and east. yellow shade will be see the best potential for thunderstorms and any back building. red x marks may have enough instability early on to produce a few cold rain drops but I expect no back building with any shower/storm in the west. activity over s/e TN will provide the kick to the rain for yellow shaded areas

13567170_1051090528317274_53395180289738

0.02" yesterday and 0.66" for the month.  Bring on cracked earth and 100's!!

I'm seriously entertaining the thought of picking up and moving to the Pacific NW in about a year.  It's miserable for me too much of the year here.  Awful humidity, high temperatures, terrible allergies, and I don't see nearly enough snow.  I've really started to resent living here.  :cliff: 

Archived