ESNATC
    Newest Member
    ESNATC
jburns

21st Century Banter Thread

4 hours ago, nchighcountrywx said:

Safety always....

We got an outage to work

All it takes is a good lawyer. Don't really think its Comcast's fault they should have said in defense they are driving too fast esp. near blind spots. Better for them to wreck now on a 2 lane road before they cause wrecks in more populated areas. Also the guy recording is dumb he will be liable for his traffic signs in court if someone wanted to sue him. And if I was a Comcast employee I would sue him for harassment.

40 minutes ago, jburns said:

I finally found a cough syrup that works.

orig.jpg

Take out the chloroform and "other skillfully combined ingredients" and illl take a truck load please. 

12 hours ago, jburns said:

I finally found a cough syrup that works.

orig.jpg

That probably should have a skull and crossbones symbol at the bottom....Reminds me of the time, back when the kids were very small, I cleaned out my mom and dad's medicine chest. I found similar "medicines". Of course, nothing quite this bad, just your typical "run of the mill" opium based products.

If y'all are bored, go to YouTube and enter Simpsonville tornado. Look at a video there by Gene G. It's 5:28 in duration. Near the end, the last 2 minutes or so when they drive up the hill and you see all the trees snapped in half about 20-30' up and then see the brick garage in pieces and the road blocked off, that about 200-300 yds from my house and when they turn into a neighborhood and you see a guy walking a dog, that's my neighborhood! It's a good look at the devastation 

We should copy the MA and change banter thread to Panic Room....banter thread is a bit old, and maybe the name change will leave the panic folks in here and out of the disco. 

23 minutes ago, Jon said:

We should copy the MA and change banter thread to Panic Room....banter thread is a bit old, and maybe the name change will leave the panic folks in here and out of the disco. 

I've always liked the panic room idea. That thread would take off like a rocket. It could be moderated by shetley and Carrolton.

Bowman North Dakota (...Merry Christmas):

Tonight
Patchy fog after 7pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Light and variable wind becoming east 8 to 13 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Saturday
Cloudy, with a high near 18. East wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
Saturday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Patchy blowing snow after 5am. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 18 by 4am. Breezy, with an east wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Christmas Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 2pm. High near 20. Windy, with a north wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 3. Windy, with a northwest wind 32 to 39 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Monday
A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Areas of blowing snow before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 11. Breezy.  

Yeah, just not fair. I'm going to need some of that cough medicine up there to get through the next couple weeks. Christmas now showing in the 70s , again. Weather.com shows me getting below freezing only one night in the 15 day forecast, with lowest high of 49. Just - not - fair! :(

Guys, do not fret. as soon as my Christmas money comes in, i'm buying the new snow sled they have at Wal-Mart that is either a soft metal or a hard plastic(It's actually really nice). This purchase will bring forth the winter we have been waiting for.

20 hours ago, nchighcountrywx said:

Anniversary of the big one bringing almost 2' of snow to NC Coast

s12e3hJ.jpg

sL0FjXU.jpg

I believe that was the last measurable snowfall here, so I'll take a repeat, please.

SnowfallContoursandData.png

2 hours ago, superjames1992 said:

I believe that was the last measurable snowfall here, so I'll take a repeat, please.

It was and ... well, that map is a little low on accumulations in a broad brush fashion - the "T" was a bit more than that from G'ville up to Starke to south Jax.  Believe me - I drove it and measured it and 2" was not uncommon.

I'm tracking Santa through NORAD with the kids this morning. I was just watching him pass through South Korea heading for North Korea. Just as he got to the boarder he switched directions and headed back south. The whole family laughed.  

lately it seems that temperatures are verifying higher than the forecast. it seems like the only time temperatures are lower than the forecast is during CAD events. im so sick of this SER.

Another thing that is complete bs, it is currently 73 degrees at the airport which is 5 DEGREES above the forecast high.