Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SimeonNC said:

I go back to school on the 4th, if the upcoming pattern delivers it'll be so funny seeing school be cancelled that Friday or the Monday after :P

Just like Jan 88! We were back to school maybe 2-3 days from Christmas break, then we were out 2 more weeks! Greatest snow ever! Hoping for a repeat in 10 days or so! :)

On 12/19/2016 at 7:53 PM, Cold Rain said:

Yeah man, a couple of the more common critiques I've read had to do with the story shifting and the lack of robust character development/dialogue. But man, I thought the story really did an awesome job of illustrating the price paid for getting the plans.  And it really set A New Hope up well.  And YES.  That Darth Vader scene was perfect!  I'm glad they finally made a movie for SW geeks. :)

The thing about TFA for me was that we essentially just saw a retelling of episodes 4-6 in a lesser quality, all in the span of about an hour and a half.  There were other things that left me disappointed.  It was indeed a good movie, especially compared against 1-3.  But the disappointing thing is that it could have and should have been great.  There's no excuse ever for making a SW movie that isn't just great.

How are you man?  Things going well?

My thing with TFA was that I gave it a bit of a pass because it was reboot. I could get behind the writers trying to get the old glory back to help kick start it. Otherwise I think most Star Wars fans would have just been dissapointed again....But the overall story arch does feel a little predictable. By the way I saw an interesting theory that Ray is actually a being Anakin created through the force to bring balance back. 

I've been good man. Amsterdam is fun and probably staying here for a bit longer than I initially expected. It's a cold day today, around 28 and fog which is a bit odd since temps usually stay around 35 - 40 during the winter. Would love to see a good snow here as the city is generally just a very pretty city. 

Here's what happens now:

- Ronda retires from UFC

- Goes to WWE

- Storyline in WWE with big scary girl that she sucks and cant fight

- WWE agrees to more sponsorship crap like they did with Brock when he came back to WWE from UFC

- WWE tries to have realistic fighting like they tried with Undertaker/Hellsgate/MMA 

- Ronda goes undefeated forever in WWE as "divas champ"

- Trish Stratus or Lita come back and beat her when her contract has expired.

Can't make this crap up.  They already laid ground work with her and Steph McMahon at a Wrestlemania.   Why did I waste so much life watching WWE! ? !lol

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Here's what happens now:

- Ronda retires from UFC

- Goes to WWE

- Storyline in WWE with big scary girl that she sucks and cant fight

- WWE agrees to more sponsorship crap like they did with Brock when he came back to WWE from UFC

- WWE tries to have realistic fighting like they tried with Undertaker/Hellsgate/MMA 

- Ronda goes undefeated forever in WWE as "divas champ"

- Trish Stratus or Lita come back and beat her when her contract has expired.

Can't make this crap up.  They already laid ground work with her and Steph McMahon at a Wrestlemania.   Why did I waste so much life watching WWE! ? !lol

Took you longer to type that out than she lasted before getting ko'd

6 hours ago, Shawn said:

I KNOW!  I thought it was 28 seconds, but 48 it was supposedly.. and that was generous!

Maybe now that she can be beaten....easily... maybe she'll go back to irrelevancy soon like she was a few years ago. ESPN the days before the matchup wouldn't even say her opponents name, just said her opponent. Rousey doesn't deserve all the credit and glory. Put on suicide watch after losing a match? Really?

On 12/27/2016 at 0:42 PM, AsheCounty48 said:

I mentioned yesterday that if anyone forgot what snow looked like and wanted so see some, Jackson Hole would be good to watch. Well it looks good right now. http://www.seejh.com/live

Not that it compares to there but I'm being reminded right now...it's been about 50/50 snow/sleet here in gainesville for the past little while.. posted it the observations thread but wanted to brag about it lol.. didn't expect anything so this has been a nice little surprise. Sure wets my appetite for something much bigger. 

7 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Not that it compares to there but I'm being reminded right now...it's been about 50/50 snow/sleet here in gainesville for the past little while.. posted it the observations thread but wanted to brag about it lol.. didn't expect anything so this has been a nice little surprise. Sure wets my appetite for something much bigger. 

Go ahead and brag! Got my couple of inches Thursday night, first of the season. I'm so ready for something bigger as well. Maybe everyone can cash in next weekend. We'll just have to wait and see

• jburns locked this topic

Archived