Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok Anyone here know what the process is to get a NC drivers license when you move here from another state. I have heard you have to take a written and road test along with the usual vision test. i have also heard all you need to do is take a vision test.  I tired 3 different offices and finally got into Siler city but without a SS card or another govt issued ID, they cant take you in. Even my Global entry card is valid Govt ID, go figure. So back tomorrow I go.  I just wanted to know if anyone else moved here from out of state and had to take the written and or driving test here

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

Ok Anyone here know what the process is to get a NC drivers license when you move here from another state. I have heard you have to take a written and road test along with the usual vision test. i have also heard all you need to do is take a vision test.  I tired 3 different offices and finally got into Siler city but without a SS card or another govt issued ID, they cant take you in. Even my Global entry card is valid Govt ID, go figure. So back tomorrow I go.  I just wanted to know if anyone else moved here from out of state and had to take the written and or driving test here

Thanks.

This should help.

Step 1, Apply for a Driver License
All new residents of North Carolina who plan to operate a motor vehicle in this state must obtain a driver license within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence. To apply, you must appear in person at one of the state's driver license offices and take the required tests. They must successfully complete the road sign recognition and vision tests to obtain a North Carolina driver license. The written and road tests may be waived if a valid license from another state is presented. If the out-of-state license has been expired more than two years, the written and road tests are required.

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/moving/

You also need to show proof of liability insurance. This page gives you all the documents you will need.
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/license/#documents

29 minutes ago, jburns said:

This should help.

Step 1, Apply for a Driver License
All new residents of North Carolina who plan to operate a motor vehicle in this state must obtain a driver license within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence. To apply, you must appear in person at one of the state's driver license offices and take the required tests. They must successfully complete the road sign recognition and vision tests to obtain a North Carolina driver license. The written and road tests may be waived if a valid license from another state is presented. If the out-of-state license has been expired more than two years, the written and road tests are required.

https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/moving/

You also need to show proof of liability insurance. This page gives you all the documents you will need.
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/license/#documents

Thanks that is what I thought but one of my friends told me she was told she had to take a written test and a lot of people she talked said the same. She is older maybe thats why. I am going back tomorrow and get this done finally.

I have the insurance and all my doc I need. I wish they wouldve done it today but for some reason they dont take the Global Entry ID as a form from the govt. Yet I can come back to the US from overseas and zip right back in.  Crazy

9 hours ago, Avdave said:

Thanks that is what I thought but one of my friends told me she was told she had to take a written test and a lot of people she talked said the same. She is older maybe thats why. I am going back tomorrow and get this done finally.

I have the insurance and all my doc I need. I wish they wouldve done it today but for some reason they dont take the Global Entry ID as a form from the govt. Yet I can come back to the US from overseas and zip right back in.  Crazy

Good luck DAVE. The office in Hillsborough is usually not that busy except at the beginning of the month and/or lunchtime.

So at one point, the board was really freaking fast with the new layout. But after like day1, its very flaky esp. on mobile and almost impossible to refresh half the time on my computer or to submit a post. I'm assuming they are still working on things before more users come this winter? Edit, delete, are incredibly slow too with lots of double posting.

14 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

Good luck DAVE. The office in Hillsborough is usually not that busy except at the beginning of the month and/or lunchtime.

All done today. Waited 2 hours in the office but at least there only 4 other people in front of me and the lady was soo nice. so I have my temp NC license until the real one arrives.

Now inspection on Friday then next week registration and plates.

It is easy drive out on 64 too

On 8/3/2016 at 8:03 AM, NWNC2015 said:

So at one point, the board was really freaking fast with the new layout. But after like day1, its very flaky esp. on mobile and almost impossible to refresh half the time on my computer or to submit a post. I'm assuming they are still working on things before more users come this winter? Edit, delete, are incredibly slow too with lots of double posting.

They took the board down at least twice yesterday to work on it. It's annoying but I know they are working on it. They don't have an "IT guy" it's basically just one or two people. They also have to keep in mind the model page when they're making upgrades so they don't glitch that out as well. I think they have upgraded to IBP 4.x, we'll see if it persists.

2 hours ago, jburns said:

Try this.  Lots of good stuff when you start digging.

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/state.php3?c=US

If all you want is daily average highs and lows this is easier to navigate.  Choose a state ad then a city.  Many, but not all, have daily averages.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/united-states/us

Thank you Burns!

Hey guys and gals! Hows the weather? Went into the hospital Thursday for a scan to see whether I had pneumonia or cancer, but it appears I could have TB instead!!! No sign of cancer, and they've stopped treating me for pneumonia.

I  do know Wake is under a FF warning--- phone sounded the alarm

• jburns locked this topic

Archived