Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jon said:

edit: Just heard an owner of a store say two men in their early 20's near the food court were arguing, one man pulled out a gun and started shooting.

No offense to anyone on here, but I can't stand that demographic ( young males in their teens and early 20s). This world would be a lot less violent without them.

4 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Lost one husky last month and now my other husky has  lymphoma. Cant catch a break here, it has been one thing after another since we moved here in june. Hopefully something good will happen soon for my wife and I.  This sucks big time. My baby girl of 14 yrs now.

11108869_492827300924062_7189149632327849756_n.jpg

Dogs just do not live long enough. It hurts every time.

9 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Lost one husky last month and now my other husky has  lymphoma. Cant catch a break here, it has been one thing after another since we moved here in june. Hopefully something good will happen soon for my wife and I.  This sucks big time. My baby girl of 14 yrs now.

11108869_492827300924062_7189149632327849756_n.jpg

Sorry man.  I really hate to hear that.  Pets are family.  It hurts man.  Thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

22 hours ago, nchighcountrywx said:

The computer models for paid subscriptions on Weather Underground Wundermap appears to have been removed sometime within the last month.

I just checked it and there are other changes such as the background highlighting layers for temperature maps by temperature color code are no longer available.

I use their Storm App on Ipad/Iphone, and the Weather Models have never been available there.

On the Storm App, they did change the algorithm about a month ago for the background layer highlighting for temperature maps and they now no longer have the granularity of the previous layers with the new layers being blocky instead of a smooth gradient over where temperatures vary by a wide margin such as in the mountains.

This sucks.  I can’t access several settings.  No storm tracks and big ugly ads, I need to find a replacement for Wundermap.  I also can’t close the All Layers menu on the side. 

11 hours ago, Avdave said:

Big hugz Dave.....there are never enough years :hug: 

11 hours ago, jburns said:

Yes it does. That is exactly why I have to start all over again, honoring my pups and what they have taught me. In the end though I'm not sure who rescues who :lol: 

On 8/13/2016 at 10:14 PM, jburns said:

Isnt that the damdest truth. We had to rush over to the hospital tonight since she started shaking and bad left leg she started dragging on like she was walking on her knuckles.

Did some blood work and her kidney value were sky high since she hasnt been eating much the last 3 days. So if she doesnt eat she cant take the kindey medicine that is in a powder form. so that explains why she was shaking so much and drinking a ton of water.   As for the back leg, sometimes with Lymphoma, it goes after neurological system and sometimes the brain sensor wont coordinate with other parts so that is whats going on with her back left leg. If she is im pain she doesnt show it at all.  So tonite they kept her at the hopistal and get some IV fluids into her.  tomorrow the oncologists will take a look at everything and then we hopefully will get to take her back home tomorrow night. I dont know how much longer we will have her though. I feel like a hopeless human being here I cant do much for her right now. It totally sucks. :(

On 8/13/2016 at 10:20 PM, Cold Rain said:

Sorry man.  I really hate to hear that.  Pets are family.  It hurts man.  Thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Thanks Cold Rain.  she is my first girl, as we adopted her when my wife and I got married. she has been with us for her whole life practically. It just kills me seeing her like this. It blows big time.

12 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Big hugz Dave.....there are never enough years :hug: 

Yes it does. That is exactly why I have to start all over again, honoring my pups and what they have taught me. In the end though I'm not sure who rescues who :lol: 

Thanks Michelle. im not sure what we will even do since she is out last one left out of the two. It just has a ****ty overall feeling though. Yes I agree with you there, she rescued us for sure.

On August 13, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Isopycnic said:

That sucks. I liked the format to get a quick overview of the model data.

I got this from wunderground...

Hello,

We had to change the base map for Wunderground and some of the layers aren’t loading properly. Functionality will be restored in stages as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thank you,
William
Wunderground Support

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:29 PM, Avdave said:

Isnt that the damdest truth. We had to rush over to the hospital tonight since she started shaking and bad left leg she started dragging on like she was walking on her knuckles.

Did some blood work and her kidney value were sky high since she hasnt been eating much the last 3 days. So if she doesnt eat she cant take the kindey medicine that is in a powder form. so that explains why she was shaking so much and drinking a ton of water.   As for the back leg, sometimes with Lymphoma, it goes after neurological system and sometimes the brain sensor wont coordinate with other parts so that is whats going on with her back left leg. If she is im pain she doesnt show it at all.  So tonite they kept her at the hopistal and get some IV fluids into her.  tomorrow the oncologists will take a look at everything and then we hopefully will get to take her back home tomorrow night. I dont know how much longer we will have her though. I feel like a hopeless human being here I cant do much for her right now. It totally sucks. :(

Sorry to hear about your loss.  My 20-year-old cat died in April.  I knew he was getting worse but I just couldn’t take him to have him put down.  He ended up dying right in front of me on my living room floor.  It was a terrible thing to witness and it’s horrible not having him here any longer.

Attn: Brick Tamland!

Broadcast mets: ABC11 will have an opening for a weekend meteorologist in the near future. It's not posted yet, but keep an eye on his page: http://abc11.com/careers/job-openings-at-abc11-/26145/. The person who's leaving generally works Sat/Sun nightside and Mon-Wed days, but that could change. Feel free to reach out if you have questions. 

4 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

Attn: Brick Tamland!

Broadcast mets: ABC11 will have an opening for a weekend meteorologist in the near future. It's not posted yet, but keep an eye on his page: http://abc11.com/careers/job-openings-at-abc11-/26145/. The person who's leaving generally works Sat/Sun nightside and Mon-Wed days, but that could change. Feel free to reach out if you have questions. 

:lol::lol:

On 8/16/2016 at 3:03 AM, NW Storm said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.  My 20-year-old cat died in April.  I knew he was getting worse but I just couldn’t take him to have him put down.  He ended up dying right in front of me on my living room floor.  It was a terrible thing to witness and it’s horrible not having him here any longer.

Thank you, we still have her as she is going through chemo appts seesions. So far the results look good so we will see. It is the worst feeling though when you know it is time to say good bye. WE did that last month with my other husky, it is an awful feeling.  Im sorry to hear your loss of your pet too. How tramatic :(

This is an odd question, but anyone that moved to central NC or SC from the North/Northeast have any trouble adjusting to the summer heat and humidity here the first yuear when you were here?  Ive have been feeling so sluggish and out of it and lack of motivation as this heat continues here. I hope that after the 2nd summer it gets better and more adjustable for my body.

17 minutes ago, Avdave said:

This is an odd question, but anyone that moved to central NC or SC from the North/Northeast have any trouble adjusting to the summer heat and humidity here the first yuear when you were here?  Ive have been feeling so sluggish and out of it and lack of motivation as this heat continues here. I hope that after the 2nd summer it gets better and more adjustable for my body.

I'm still adjusting after almost 30 years :lol:   

Seriously though.....limit doing anything really strenuous from 11-4. Keep hydrated, use a cooling towel and don't ignore your body when it says enough is enough. I honestly do my best to do whatever needs to be done first thing in the morning or later in the evening. Afternoon's near the portals were meant for siesta's, not working :P 

9 hours ago, Avdave said:

You will never get used to it. Good thing the winters are warmer to make up for it. ;)

13 hours ago, Avdave said:

I moved here from downtown Seattle at the end of 2010 and still haven't adjusted, but I'm the type who wasn't bothered by the 5 months of mostly cloudy/drizzle conditions and highs from the mid-30s - 50. In Charleston the months of May-August are no-man's land when it comes to doing anything outdoors.

15 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I'm still adjusting after almost 30 years :lol:   

Seriously though.....limit doing anything really strenuous from 11-4. Keep hydrated, use a cooling towel and don't ignore your body when it says enough is enough. I honestly do my best to do whatever needs to be done first thing in the morning or later in the evening. Afternoon's near the portals were meant for siesta's, not working :P 

:lol: Ugh.  I have never felt like this before so I am guessing it is the heat here. I need to go to the mtns to cool off soon. I drink 80-100 oz of water a day and now that most of the yard work for now is done Im inside. Ill be spending more time at the gym since i cant be outside. Im all for an afternoon siesta though :D

5 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

You will never get used to it. Good thing the winters are warmer to make up for it. ;)

Great!!! I look forward to being miserable the next 20 years here then from May to Sept 30.

1 hour ago, Ser Pounce said:

I moved here from downtown Seattle at the end of 2010 and still haven't adjusted, but I'm the type who wasn't bothered by the 5 months of mostly cloudy/drizzle conditions and highs from the mid-30s - 50. In Charleston the months of May-August are no-man's land when it comes to doing anything outdoors.

Wow its been 6 yrs and still not adjusted yet. that doesnt bode well for me. How in the hell do people work outside with long sleeves on during the summer months. I dont get it. I am about dead wearing a T shirt and shorts.

Does anyone here have Amazon prime? I'm seriously considering getting it for the year, and would like some opinions   

Love it, can't beat free 2-day shipping. If you know anyone in college and you can use their email, prime student is 50% off.

Back home from a great week at the beach.  But DAMN it was hot.  Not crowded, probably due to schools having started in many places. It was nice for my better half and I to get away by ourselves for a change.   

We had one good storm while I was there and four guys from my home county were sitting on the beach under an umbrella watching the cool cloud to ground lightning. Yep.  You guessed it.  They got popped, not directly but good enough to knock them all on their asses and knocked one completely out for several minutes.  EMS had them stretched out on the ground behind my parked car. I guess they thought that their canvas umbrella would protect them.  lol  

• jburns locked this topic

Archived