Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Solak said:

Hey guys and gals! Hows the weather? Went into the hospital Thursday for a scan to see whether I had pneumonia or cancer, but it appears I could have TB instead!!! No sign of cancer, and they've stopped treating me for pneumonia.

I  do know Wake is under a FF warning--- phone sounded the alarm

I'm also glad it's not cancer, but TB is no joke; get that handled fast man!

23 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

I was really wanting a ticket at App vs Miami but they sold out in less than an hour. I wonder what would happen if I flew a HD drone overhead?

Not hard to figure out.  While the rest of us are watching the game on TV in HD you would be sitting in the Boone jail waiting for bail to be set.

board suggestion/thought

several other sites have an auto refresh timer anyway we could have this enabled and show us a countdown when viewing all the threads within the South-East without actually being in them/viewing posts...to prevent unnecessary hard refresh on the site?

There's no use for this and I'll tell you why. This forum gets so busy you don't need an auto refresh. It says something like this anyway though, a notification pops up and says "2 new posts" when you're inside the thread. Also you can turn on push notifications with this forum.

<from spaceweather.com>

PERSEID METEOR OUTBURST--TONIGHT! Earth is approaching a thicket of debris from comet Swift-Tuttle, source of the annual Perseid meteor shower. When Earth plows through the debris field on Aug. 11-12, the fireworks will begin. Forecasters expect an outburst of Perseid meteors numbering 200+ per hour.

4 hours ago, Jon said:

There's no use for this and I'll tell you why. This forum gets so busy you don't need an auto refresh. It says something like this anyway though, a notification pops up and says "2 new posts" when you're inside the thread. Also you can turn on push notifications with this forum.

Bingo!!! You are spot on Jon

1 hour ago, janetjanet998 said:

major problems in Ms and LA from this system..

they got hit with pockets if heavy rain each afternoon the past 5 days and now widespread 6-10 inch amounts

the heavy rain bands that set up just off the Nature coast of FL a few days ago dumping 20 inches over the water are now dumping on land

So, through various posts over the past several years, I have learned that Florida has a Space coast, a Treasure coast, and now a Nature coast.  Does it have any other coasts that I should go ahead and file away as interesting, but useless, trivia knowledge?

2 hours ago, calculus1 said:

So, through various posts over the past several years, I have learned that Florida has a Space coast, a Treasure coast, and now a Nature coast.  Does it have any other coasts that I should go ahead and file away as interesting, but useless, trivia knowledge?

First Coast, Gold Coast, Sun Coast, Emerald Coast, Forgotten Coast, Cultural Coast, Lee Island Coast, 

26 minutes ago, Isopycnic said:

When did wunderground get rid of access to computer models on wundermap?

The computer models for paid subscriptions on Weather Underground Wundermap appears to have been removed sometime within the last month.

I just checked it and there are other changes such as the background highlighting layers for temperature maps by temperature color code are no longer available.

I use their Storm App on Ipad/Iphone, and the Weather Models have never been available there.

On the Storm App, they did change the algorithm about a month ago for the background layer highlighting for temperature maps and they now no longer have the granularity of the previous layers with the new layers being blocky instead of a smooth gradient over where temperatures vary by a wide margin such as in the mountains.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived