Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parents in Town Bank North Cape May reporting significant storm damage. Tree down in yard top half of 50 foot tree snapped right in half. Trees down all over the neighborhood. No power. Trying to get them to send pics via phone but they are reserving the battery life. They said one of the most intense storms they have been thru they said.

Southern cape may county got absolutely rocked, may have been a tornado too. Strong TDS showed up over wildwood. Either way 80 mph winds were reported. Tons of damage and 35,000 without power.

I haven't had a chance to look over the data yet. However, if there was a TDS there is no 'if' about a tornado since one is required for a TDS to occur. 

I haven't had a chance to look over the data yet. However, if there was a TDS there is no 'if' about a tornado since one is required for a TDS to occur.

Please pardon my ignorance but I'm not really a severe wx follower.....what is a TDS?

Edit: nevermind.....I just googled it. Was this verified?

So what is the t-storm potential in SE PA for tomorrow? A few days ago it was spewed all over FB that a derecho/straight-line wind episode was coming for the area. Past couple of days things seem to be downplayed with this being just a run-of-the-mill summer t-storm risk. Thoughts?

IMO...50/50 at best. (for my area, local N/W burbs of Philly)

If you fall in a "good path" then you're good. If not, "fail" and practically nothing. Again it seems the good stuff will be more S of us/Philly...I'll look at the radar and "real time" and that's it. Wouldn't be surprised at another bust though...

Archived