Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went north and a gap opened up gtfo

I swear, you are as jinxed as I am. I was on the road up in Connecticut and New York, but now home. I got a whopping 0.04" from whatever went through here while I was gone. I looked at radar, and about 8 miles south of me (along the Blue Mountain) got slammed...

Gloucester County was a big ol' convective black hole today.  Everything either died before it reached the county or exploded after it exited the county.  Millville was a jackpot area....again.  

Total rainfall:  0.00"

Similar situation in SW Delco - had a couple of fizzlers that looked good on radar until 10 miles west of here or so, and had a nice view of a couple developing just east and northeast of here, towering cumulus - probably would have looked good at night, lots of lighting up in them I'll bet. We did get a nice sun shower for a few minutes, enough to wet the ground and make it totally humid. Sounds like we may get more action a little later this evening.

I swear, you are as jinxed as I am. I was on the road up in Connecticut and New York, but now home. I got a whopping 0.04" from whatever went through here while I was gone. I looked at radar, and about 8 miles south of me (along the Blue Mountain) got slammed...

Yes the growing season jinx started here after last June, since then the only wet enough month was in May. The hyper wet period from 2003 through essentially last June made me accustomed to receiving at least several if not more 1" rains per month. A flood sure would be nice.

But the thunderstorm drought is getting ridiculous. Not to mention I have never seen such a lack of southerly flow in our warm season.

As much as i would like to believe the american models 1-2" rain north to south in SEPA late today the ECM has been nailing things and is further south bringing only .25". Not to mention the GFS has been showing only .25-50" it's previous several runs

It's another pain in the butt situation because I really need to water bad if it isn't going to rain appreciably, going with persistence.

A flood watch like omg what do I have to do head to higher ground? Where can I find a boat all the stores are closed?

You can use one of these --> :flood:   Or blow up an inner tube or something...  :P

This will be my 3rd day in a row not hitting 80F, although it was noticeably more humid today.  Seems that's about to change starting tomorrow.

You can use one of these --> :flood:   Or blow up an inner tube or something...  :P

This will be my 3rd day in a row not hitting 80F, although it was noticeably more humid today.  Seems that's about to change starting tomorrow.

sandbags...lots and lots of sandbags nearly done filling them

76F today's fantastic patriotic high temperature

current radar looks really really bad for fireworks, like arrival time of 9-9:30pm 

Archived