joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm OBS

lakeeffectkid383

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since moving this type of morning I miss the most. Simply the spectacle of snow falling.

Down here, pool excavating will soon be starting. Chemo, just getting over Insulin toxic shock. Health is so precious!

Enjoy the snow it's the only snow (it seems) many will receive this season, fleeting and special...enjoy! 

As radar suggests, looks like a relative bust here compared to areas NW and SE of me. That makes 3/3 of these midlevel magic storms where the magic was everywhere but where it was modeled to jackpot. SN- now.

ya many said the PVD to BOS corridor would jackpot and I think we have the least of anyone in SNE. Models were just awful for this storm. A sincere congrats to those who cashed in.

This could wind up as my biggest event this year

Need 2.6" more

Somewhere in ORH county may jackpot because of this band....the mid-level stuff setting up NW of best QPF was pretty evident on a lot of model runs...but it was hard to say exactly where it would be.

Mar21_630am_Radar.gif

Radar shows the screwzone clearly and doesn't offer much hope for any sort of improvement. Ugh. Every storm this winter has been an underperformer here compared to the forecast and I don't think we've been under a legit SN+ band all season as they have consistently formed to our west despite the fact that it's been modeled to jackpot this area in most of them. Fitting end to a fitting winter, congrats to those who did well. 

Guessing 1.5" or so out the window. Will take a measurement in about an hour when I head out.

This could wind up as my biggest event this year

Need 2.6" more

We've been in the same bands here. Probably already exceeded our forecast total. Eyeballing at least 3-4". Moderate to heavy snow falling, and looks to be several more hours of this on the way. As I expected oceanwx's omega/RH graphic and frontogenetic forcing graphic were very instructive for this.

Archived