• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess:

1-2" NYC

2-5" Nassau, western half of Suffolk, CT

5-7" Eastern half of Suffolk

Tr-2" NW suburbs

Sounds about right. But I still believe there is a weak CCB (compared to the classics like boxing and feb 13) that bombs somewhere. Maybe western Suffolk that delivers the largest totals. It's not all that cold here currently so your going to want to be under some good rates. Someone's in for a big surprise. But I don't think it's Nassau this time. It's partly sunny here. And forget about the city

People still need to understand that looking at a precip or snow map, does NOT mean that's translating to your snowboard.

.3 .4 falls over almost an 8-9hr period...

Just because it's overnight does not mean it's gonna accumulate any better, temps are still around freezing, and in some cases will be slightly above.

.3 and .4 is NOT gonna be 3-4" of snow

Melting process alone would not support this over an 8hr period, precip is WAY to light... Long Island is where this storm is, and a lot of people of setting themselves up for a white rain disappointment

People still need to understand that looking at a precip or snow map, does NOT mean that's translating to your snowboard.

.3 .4 falls over almost an 8-9hr period...

Just because it's overnight does not mean it's gonna accumulate any better, temps are still around freezing, and in some cases will be slightly above.

.3 and .4 is NOT gonna be 3-4" of snow

Melting process alone would not support this over an 8hr period, precip is WAY to light... Long Island is where this storm is, and a lot of people of setting themselves up for a white rain disappointment

.3 to .4 wouldn't be the full 3 to 4 inches, but at least you would get some accumulation on colder surfaces. During the day with strong late march sun angle, it would be all white rain. At night at least you get a little accumulation. You're not accurate at all when you say it won't accumulate ANY better at night. If the temp is down to 32 and there's no sun angle to deal with at all, you WILL get some accumulation on grass and car tops with light snow. I've seen it happen many times.

This thread may not be the place for it. However, I thought it was quite interesting and worth mentioning considering all of our model discussions in here. 96-114 hours from now...when the major models EURO/GFS are usually in the same galaxy...the EURO is giving the entire southern half of Michigan 2 feet whereas the GFS gives them not a flake. We obviously miss a lot of these differences when they aren't in our neck of the woods, but I was just laughing how we would all be going bananas if these models had the NYC metro area getting 2 feet+ on one major model vs not even a flurry on the other just 4- 4.5 days out. 

.3 to .4 wouldn't be the full 3 to 4 inches, but at least you would get some accumulation on colder surfaces. During the day with strong late march sun angle, it would be all white rain. At night at least you get a little accumulation. You're not accurate at all when you say it won't accumulate ANY better at night. If the temp is down to 32 and there's no sun angle to deal with at all, you WILL get some accumulation on grass and car tops with light snow. I've seen it happen many times.

guess we're gonna find out, we'll revisit the discussion tomorrow lol

Archived