• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

GGEM cut amounts in half for NENJ/NYC...areas further N and W have been cut down from 4-8" to 0-2". Model consensus for most of central and eastern Long Island, however, does appear to be around 4-8". Anyone have any model no one has ever heard of that can give us a major snowstorm? We need it right now

UPDATE : got it.....The CRAS has shifted NW ;)

2236b6f6adce171ae378b89cc761a954.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GSSLOOPS/ecwv.html

we now have dividing lows one currently in the ohio valley and the upper level in missouri,explaining the push of moisture coming our way.. also of note the confluence is moving out as we speak,might still be interesting yet regardless of what the major models say esp if the radar starts blooming shortly,short range models might be the way to go from here on out.  B)

Ukie and Navgem went further east. Looks like the GGEM.

We may be coming to more of a consensus now that this will be better for Long Island and New England then the immediate NYC metro and NJ. But due to the volatility involved here and small shifts either way can have large affects on the sensible weather I would not let our guard down completely.

GEFS further east

We may be coming to more of a consensus now that this will be better for Long Island and New England then the immediate NYC metro and NJ. But due to the volatility involved here and small shifts either way can have large affects on the sensible weather I would not let our guard down completely.

Looks like at least 2-4 for NYC with more towards LI and SNE. I will be happy with that if that's the case. Anyway, time for bed . Will check out the Euro in the morning.

is anyone seeing snow coming in earlier then expected??..that impulse in pennsylvania is starting to develop eastward now on radar,might be interesting to watch..

BX

it was progged on the WPC maps

go easy today my friend

in about...12hrs  about 6:00pm

that's when the fun begins for tracking  :weenie:

92fndfd_init_2016032000.gif

NYC is locked in at 2"-4"/3"-6".

It's nonsense that the boroughs won't accumulate.

The bulk falls at night and temps below 31. It will accumulate on the streets as well if the qpf amounts exceed .5"-.75". Not just slushy coatings.

Advisories up for Monmouth/Ocean/SE Burlington/Atlantic for 2-4".  I'm just NW of that and hoping to get 2" in the Edison area - anything more is gravy on the first day of spring...

Be interesting to see the last time that your area had a 2-4 snow in March following the first 80 of spring.

But this winter into spring is setting the standard for extremes of warmth and snow combined.

Be interesting to see the last time that your area had a 2-4 snow in March following the first 80 of spring.

But this winter into spring is setting the standard for extremes of warmth and snow combined.

Mt. Holly had a nice historical summary about this for PHL this morning actually. This may be only the 7th time in history to get measurable snow after hitting 80.

Archived