• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One last Cape Cod Crusher March 4-5

rnaude241

lol at people patting themselves on the back for making wild guesses at long lead times.

correct...with this one anyways

first bad sign was certain enthusiastic and well informed snow loving members who were checked out on this threat from way back

next bad sign was the handful of solutions which gave big snows for mostly se and in a few cases central and eastern sections...not far enough west even on the wilder solutions and far too few amped solutions overall

next bad sign...seasonal pattern and overall pattern favoring coastal/se areas over the last decade

next bad sign....all the hullabalo about the cold pattern shaping up for later feb and early march reduced to a couple normal/slightly below normal days and the multiple threats hinging on ridiculous fate parameters and all that thread the needle stuff...with zero blocking

the models did tell us for well over a week there would be a storm...and there will be...and that it will be a bomb and it will...it will just be well offshore and outside of a handful of snowier on land solutions that vast majority of runs were ots and way ots.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I called for this winter to be a ratter....before I cancelled that call in January, then went back to it, and then cancelled it again before spiking the football in early March.

So beat that. I'm awesome.

:lmao:

Although codfish might have just beat you, except he was serious. Decadal trend!

Well I called for this winter to be a ratter....before I cancelled that call in January, then went back to it, and then cancelled it again before spiking the football in early March.

God that sounds so familiar..........Who says things like that around these parts??????

Yeah sorry...I am expecting the gulf stream to overhwlem model parameters and bring this back over KACK.

He said he mentioned it a year ago lol

And yes the models are underestimating the gulf stream and the NAM will be the first to catch on at 12z next Monday.

all the terrible ratters in the 31 years I have been keeping records have featured some kind of at least modest late season snow event

88-89 march 21st 3 inches central ct

01-02 march 20th 3 inches central ct

94-95 early april 3 inches central ct

06-07 march 17-18? 6 inches plus 2 inches ip spfd ma

97-98 march 19-20? 3-4 inches central ct

all the terrible ratters in the 31 years I have been keeping records have featured some kind of at least modest late season snow event

88-89 march 21st 3 inches central ct

01-02 march 20th 3 inches central ct

94-95 early april 3 inches central ct

06-07 march 17-18? 6 inches plus 2 inches ip spfd ma

97-98 march 19-20? 3-4 inches central ct

11-12 mid march 80s and sunshine for a week.

lol.  Yeah, a bunch of you official red taggers...and even the self proclaimed met from high a top of Mt. Tolland called this back int the fall.

Might not be. Or might be 2".

That must drive you mad.

NWS BOX should have done the public a much better service by claiming no more measurable snow for the season anywhere in SNE, then "locking in" 2-4" south of the pike, and then recanting that forecast a day later. It would have been a lot clearer to everyone.

NWS BOX should have done the public a much better service by claiming no more measurable snow for the season anywhere in SNE, then "locking in" 2-4" south of the pike, and then recanting that forecast a day later. It would have been a lot clearer to everyone.

EPS kind of surprised me

Are they going with the overrunning more, or are there a couple crazy members with the coastal?

They seem to be pretty similar, I think its a function of the strong flow over the ocean over a cold airmass.  Probably doesn't mean much at this time frame. The occasional RPM juiced up run aside seems an inch or so IMHO

Archived