• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One last Cape Cod Crusher March 4-5

rnaude241

What a beast modeled. Just one of those years where things don't align correctly. One of the more challenging forecast years for humans and modeling alike. Having blizzard conditions and the best paste storm since 97 certainly were highlights in a warm snow free winter. I had memorable storms unlike 12 which ratted.

Good recap for our area. Understandably more rat-like further north.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beast modeled. Just one of those years where things don't align correctly. One of the more challenging forecast years for humans and modeling alike. Having blizzard conditions and the best paste storm since 97 certainly were highlights in a warm snow free winter. I had memorable storms unlike 12 which ratted.

You never know what pops up in March and April during post Nino winters. Could be a great coastal wind/rain event and NNE snow like April 2007, or even something more wintry. Hell even 2010 brought the late April snow bomb to VT. 

Well outer Cape and ACK could get decent snows, but I guess in my mind, nothing wrong with an advisory of 3-5 and if worst case scenario happened..upgrade to 5-8 or something under WSW. 

Its a much better way to go in my mind then to go all in and have to retract IMHO

well just in case I was in the told you so category...I make lots of mistakes and there are still a lot of things I do not understand but this one was never much of anything outside of the cape and islands and I called it many days ago and for this one storm I was correct

and include along the and just south of the pike in the broad brush ratterisms

well just in case I was in the told you so category...I make lots of mistakes and there are still a lot of things I do not understand but this one was never much of anything outside of the cape and islands and I called it many days ago and for this one storm I was correct

and include along the and just south of the pike in the broad brush ratterisms

post-33-0-82993000-1457015518_thumb.jpg

As one last minor indignity, I full expect to be in the RI snow hole downstream of OES for this one, and yes, I'm complaining that someone will steal my inch of snow.  

This season has generated plenty of fun looking storms, that no one will remember.

Because this season has not snowed in about every way imaginable.

Yes, this is true for sure.

It's amazing how we've missed out on many big systems due to so many different problems.  This time it's confluence that's putting the  kabosh to this one.  Last time it was the lack of confluence.  When we need it to phase, it doesn't.  And when we don't want it to phase, it does.  Too many disturbances in the flow, wave spacing not right, High Pressure in the wrong position, or moving out to fast, ridge out west in wrong position, PV to far north, or to far south etc etc....Have I missed anything??  Oh the Scooter Sh*t streak as well(although that is confluence I believe).

Yes, this is true for sure.

It's amazing how we've missed out on many big systems due to so many different problems.  This time it's confluence that's putting the  kabosh to this one.  Last time it was the lack of confluence.  When we need it to phase, it doesn't.  And when we don't want it to phase, it does.  Too many disturbances in the flow, wave spacing not right, High Pressure in the wrong position, or moving out to fast, ridge out west in wrong position, PV to far north, or to far south etc etc....Have I missed anything??  Oh the Scooter Sh*t streak as well(although that is confluence I believe).

I suppose this helps you feel better. It is what it is let it go man.

I really think a deform band hits me hard for a time tomorrow afternoon.  The 4km NAM is much more intense than the global models down to 972mb as it passes by the benchmark.  Just imagine what would have been if the storm hit the benchmark with the wind field that strong, we would be talking about hurricane force winds.

This certainly ratted north of the pike.

This was about as vile a rodent as conceivably possible in these parts.

Like a football game with 8 fumbles and the other team recovers all 8 - everything bounced the wrong way.

Has not been as bad here as out PF's way, hence my lofty standing in KevInMA's snow table (2nd tallest among the midgets.)  However, I'd need at least 7.7" more to avoid 15-16 being least snowy of 18 winters here, and I'd guess about a 75% chance we don't see that much.  Would also need at least 3.9" to avoid least snowy anywhere since 1973-74 in BGR. 

Archived