Newest Member
    joxey
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The D5-10 always shows a big snow at least once. That's part of the design

I do not know how some of your pour over every 6 hours. There was a time back 10 years ago where it seemed fascinating and accurate but I learned. There are very very few here anymore that follow the models the way we did when we first started because we learned

well until I figure out how to stick my hand out the window and tell what will happen in 10 days I will continue to use the models as guidance.

I do not know how some of your pour over every 6 hours. There was a time back 10 years ago where it seemed fascinating and accurate but I learned. There are very very few here anymore that follow the models the way we did when we first started because we learned

:blink: You can't seriously believe that the models are coded to alter the actual outcomes of the equations to show a storm solution....

guiding you to depression?

I enjoy the challenge and excitement of trying to figure out a pattern and threat and the chase. Yea it's a letdown when it doesn't work out but then I move on to something else same as if my favorite team loses a game. I guess it's hard for some to understand I genuinely enjoy tracking and feel like I am always learning and trying to get better at this.

There's really not a whole lot to do in prison once all your appeals are exhausted, so...

Tomorrow morning, I guarantee you that you will have a post longer than War and Peace detailing how excruciatingly awful the EPS is. Mark my words and God be with you.  

Just for you Randy. Here's hoping the 12Z suite lives up to its billing of being the Happy Hour runs because the 00Z runs were anything but inspiring. THE END.

Just for you Randy. Here's hoping the 12Z suite lives up to its billing of being the Happy Hour runs because the 00Z runs were anything but inspiring. THE END.

I did glance at the 0Z EPS. The "best" look at h5 seems to be in the 7-10 day period, and it looks like maybe 18 members have some snow for the area in that time frame. Mostly a yawn. Not the pattern nor time of the year to invest much in long lead analysis.

I did glance at the 0Z EPS. The "best" look at h5 seems to be in the 7-10 day period, and it looks like maybe 18 members have some snow for the area in that time frame. Mostly a yawn. Not the pattern nor time of the year to invest much in long lead analysis.

The EPS probably had the best look overall. Showed some promise but nothing I would get overly excited about. Still looking at all the ensembles for the last few runs leads me to believe that if we don't score in the next 12 days or so, barring some fluke event after that time frame, we will be shutting down till next winter.

a couple inches of snow and keeping spring at bay for a few weeks would be a win in my book.  I know there are many who like spring but we get a lions share of warm to hot days from April until October and sometimes December.  just want a little more weenie juice before that happens.  that last sentence came out wrong but I will own it I guess.

it's becoming humorous how the 12z 0z cycle is going. Sooner or later one of these opposing ideas has to cave. In fairness it was mostly the gfs that bailed last night. Yesterday it teased us with a two wave west to east idea next week then last night decided nope back to one cutter. After that the gfs swings the trough through and we are on the backside so we go from a trough axis too far west to too far east. It's still muddy late in the run. Close to good with A-nao and stj signal but also has ridging a bit south over the lakes. Get the trough to our south to not be cut off and push that ridging north a but and its a good look. As is flawed. The euro didn't change much. The first thread day 7 is still a near miss and then it suppressed the day 9-10 threat. Overall it was just noise from the last run but since it doesn't have a hecs bearing down on us day 10 it looks like a bigger shift. Pattern wise it's not much different. Overall it's amazing how far apart the guidance is day 6-10 and how much it is shifting every run.

Overnight para euro has a big snow storm, March 6th/7th entire Mid Atlantic. Miller B. Those always work out in March! Lock it in.

the day 6-10 period any threat might have to go down that way. The trough axis is a little too east to get something to come up from the south. But in March with shorter wavelwnghts sometging could bowl across and amplify with less space. But if we get something in that window it's probably a vort that comes from the west or northwest then bombs under us. After that day 10-15 is when we could look for a gulf system to come up.

how far north does the primary get?  just curious. If you said south TN I might be intrigued. 

There is a funky evolution with the 500's. Runs a closed contour low into the eastern lakes initially then gets somewhat convoluted with a short wave running immediately down the backside of it. Don't think the 500's would really support a snowstorm as might be suggest by the surface reflection. .

a couple inches of snow and keeping spring at bay for a few weeks would be a win in my book.  I know there are many who like spring but we get a lions share of warm to hot days from April until October and sometimes December.  just want a little more weenie juice before that happens.  that last sentence came out wrong but I will own it I guess.

What the **** is wrong with you?

Archived