joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or they don't have the same weather preferences as you.

Look, I don't care whether spring begins in early March or early April, but at the same time, I'd rather not be told by others what kind of weather to root for.

I'm not telling anyone what to like.  I'm just calling them crazy or contrarian for doing so.

That's me. 45 and too young.

no apology needed but thanks.  I am also 45 and have learned to let things roll and just have a drink.  snow, spring whatever... its cool to have a virtual weather place to hang out because I tell you to the REAL world outside this board all of us would likely be pegged as having screws loose and perhaps clinically insane....especially me.  I have been known to ruin a weekend over a bad set of model runs and have my wife explain to outsiders "its because of the weather 5 days from now"...that always brings a puzzled reaction.

no apology needed but thanks.  I am also 45 and have learned to let things roll and just have a drink.  snow, spring whatever... its cool to have a virtual weather place to hang out because I tell you to the REAL world outside this board all of us would likely be pegged as having screws loose and perhaps clinically insane....especially me.  I have been known to ruin a weekend over a bad set of model runs and have my wife explain to outsiders "its because of the weather 5 days from now"...that always brings a puzzled reaction.

Yup. Me too. Sadly.

Um, because I am not a winter only poster? I actually frequent these boards in ALL four seasons? And this is a long range discussion thread which means maybe looking for warmth in March is as valid as looking for a 1993 redux?

I'm with you.

I'm busting some balls in here - and a lot of that is just joking around - but by this point I think most anyone is looking froward to spring weather.  I understand that warm breezes and sunshine isn't "interesting" weather, but I'm not always chasing the extreme end of things.  At some point, I just want it to be pleasant so I can get out and enjoy myself.

where are you seeing it. It seems to be gone from wxbell

It was having issues when I was looking at it a little earlier. The snowstorm it had, had very slim chances of verifying. Had WAR raging, an initial closed low at 500's riding up into the eastern lakes as well as multiple pieces rotating around the trough just to make it work for our region. And even if the 500's played out as shown the look presented was that of probably a mixed mess and not what the snow algorithms were spitting out.  Day 9 had a much better look with WAR gone and a simple pass at 500's for the region and now a convoluted mess. Have no idea what the surfaced showed because at that point started having issues with wxbell.

I'm with you.

I'm busting some balls in here - and a lot of that is just joking around - but by this point I think most anyone is looking froward to spring weather.  I understand that warm breezes and sunshine isn't "interesting" weather, but I'm not always chasing the extreme end of things.  At some point, I just want it to be pleasant so I can get out and enjoy myself.

Yeah. That's me at this point. I get that is not universal, but I don't think it is out of the mainstream either. I want to go for a run and not need to bundle up like an eskimo.

Can you imagine if we hadn't had a HECS.

I sometimes do it too. I'm trying to get better. I've started to write up a reply that's overly critical or just mostly venting because I'm in a bad mood and I have to stop myself and delete it when I realize it's better to just let it go or keep it to myself. Sometimes they still slip through though.

+1  

I love weather and tracking....snow just happens to be undoubtedly my favorite.  I'm not bothered/offended by anyones thoughts...but I dont feel that my likes are to be imposed onto others.  Its a winter thread....and its still winter.  Nuff said..

I'm 46 and have seen plenty of biggies/surprises through the first 3 weeks of March.  I'm sure some are holding out hope (like myself...despite haven already sorta given up on this mess of a winter (save the Blizz)

In March, it can be a tale of 2 seasons...but by and large its often closer to winter than warmth.  

Nut

One of the few ways the big cities can get a sloppy inch or two of snow in March to tack on to seasonal totals. Agreed though, not an easy bet for it to actually occur, let alone at 6+ days out.

Yeah, it can happen. It's just that it seems like in these setups the models like to rush the cold air in too quick and hold the precip back longer. And when you are talking a couple hour window for snow that the models often show even the smallest deviation screws it all up.

I was trolling ;)

It looks good in model land, but no it does not often work out.

You had me wondering. :) I can only remember 1 back-end snow that ever impressed me and that was when I was a young teenager back in the mid 70's. Heavy rain the previous day and into the night and woke up to 6+ inches on the ground. Nothing else really sticks out in my mind besides that one.

Archived