• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

I know, how dare he have different weather preferences then you.   What is this world coming too!!!!

Whatever. This isn't Vermont. 40 degree days and howling winds in March kinda suck. But, sure, chase that. Def "hold spring at bay" for a few weeks. That's insane. I would say the same thing for people begging for 80 degree days in early December.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever. This isn't Vermont. 40 degree days and howling winds in March kinda suck. But, sure, chase that. Def "hold spring at bay" for a few weeks. That's insane. I would say the same thing for people begging for 80 degree days in early December.

Its not insane....its March....

coolish and WINDY is the name of the game.  

Nut

Agreed.

People who claim to like 40 and clouds, wind, whatever have a screw loose.  Or they're just being contrarian.

Agreed.

People who claim to like 40 and clouds, wind, whatever have a screw loose.  Or they're just being contrarian.

Not claiming and not being contrarian.  maybe a screw loose but do like winter for real....I doubt I am alone but if I am then I will still like it.  I also like scrapple.  Not everyone does. a lot of people think its odd...I don't. You enjoy spring..so does North Balti Zen...cool...you'll get your fill.  None of us actually have a say in it anyway just chatter.    

I wouldn't discount the 6z yet for the period 3/3-3/7. 6z Para has a good H5 look on 3/3 (I think) with some possible backside winter weather. And the period 3/6-7 has a storm just going overhead of us. Wouldn't take much for it to slide under us, me thinks. Plus we'll have a -NAO and a -AO around that time.

Expecting long term warmth in march is a dream. If you don't like cold in march, just remember that we had 3-4 events last year and the bay still had a ton of ice on it the first week of march. It could be worse. Anyway, long range doesn't look bad.

Sustained cold is hard to come by and bittersweet in march...especially in challenging years like this one.  As you south of 40 folk can attest....it still can be memorable with the changing wavelengths. March is largely a winter month in my book...

Nut

Agreed.

People who claim to like 40 and clouds, wind, whatever have a screw loose. Or they're just being contrarian.

Or they don't have the same weather preferences as you.

Look, I don't care whether spring begins in early March or early April, but at the same time, I'd rather not be told by others what kind of weather to root for.

Expecting long term warmth in march is a dream. If you don't like cold in march, just remember that we had 3-4 events last year and the bay still had a ton of ice on it the first week of march. It could be worse. Anyway, long range doesn't look bad.

Yeah, I liken March 2012 to winter 2009-10 in terms of how realistic it is to expect.

And if one of you March snowstorm chasers wants to find a '58 or a '93, will root for you. But usually we end up with 38 and white rain along the corridor which pretty much blows anytime of year and especially in March.

I have no problem at all with anyone who is checked out and decided it's over. But why does it seem to bother some that a few of us are still tracking? It's not like I'm actually going to cause it to be cold. The weather will be what it is regardless of if I track it or not.

Fozz - not expecting March 2012. Just wouldn't mind a series of days in the 50s for highs sometime soon - as opposed to  seeing systems cut west and then drag useless howling wind and cold air behind them. Sucks.

PSU - I am not saying don't track - just I find it weird to pretend (as some do) that March is a winter month. It really isn't. We may get lucky, and the occasional amazeballs storm may happen, but by and large, March is not winter. I just had a visceral negative reaction to wanting to hold spring off at this point in a month where for a lot of people, meaningful snow is hard to come by. Again, I would have the same reaction to anyone wanting to "hold winter off" when we hit December. We are far enough south that some warmth in March (even early March) isn't crazy to root for...

Bristow - I apologize for my intemperance. You can, of course, root for what you wish, and my reactions to it do not matter and I should have kept it to myself.

Um, because I am not a winter only poster? I actually frequent these boards in ALL four seasons? And this is a long range discussion thread which means maybe looking for warmth in March is as valid as looking for a 1993 redux?

Maybe you should just do a better job of respecting the thoughts of others.

Lol, weenies all up in arms over weather discussions on a weather board.

yea seems some people are in a testy mood. I'm not sure why we have to tell people what to root for and at the same time no one was threatened and even after an apology someone had to fire back. Maybe we all need to take a breath and chill out a bit.

yea seems some people are in a testy mood. I'm not sure why we have to tell people what to root for and at the same time no one was threatened and even after an apology someone had to fire back. Maybe we all need to take a breath and chill out a bit.

Can you imagine if we hadn't had a HECS.

Archived