Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Forecasts, Disco

snowman19

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still double-digits above normal for the next 8 days including today:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mos/getmex.pl?sta=KACY&sta=KEWR&sta=KNYC&sta=KJFK&sta=KLGA

+11    53 versus 42.    With the current +7 for the month>>> (7x10)+(8x11) = 70+88 = 158/18 = +8.8 by the morning of the 19th.   We should start getting some normal days by about the 20th.     Assuming no net negative surplus (deficit) during last 13 days or so we can do no worse than 158/31 = +5.1 for the month.

During the first 10 days of March, New York City has had a temperature anomaly of +7.0°. As a result of the recent record warmth (including the highest temperature so early in the season), it is extremely likely that NYC will have a warmer than normal March. It is also very likely that March will have a temperature anomaly of 3° or more above normal. Despite the warm start, it still appears very unlikely that March will become the warmest on record, especially when one considers the latest ensemble guidance (though the 12z operational GFS may be overdone with the magnitude of cold at the end of its run).

March201603112016.jpg

We could snow during the day if we get good rates ( that's if it even snows ). I would take 40 and rain. This weather we have now is boring.

What exactly is boring about going out side with a t-shirt on? Seeing nature, feeling alive? Is a good time for you sitting in a room looking out the window at freaking RAIN? You would take 40f and RAIN over 65F and sun? I bust your balls because you HAVE to be a troll or suicidally depressed. Im sorry i have been picking on you but it just blows my mind that you want rain and 40f

I have been to a place you would love, Ireland. It can 40f and rain in JUNE

What exactly is boring about going out side with a t-shirt on? Seeing nature, feeling alive? Is a good time for you sitting in a room looking out the window at freaking RAIN? You would take 40f and RAIN over 65F and sun? I bust your balls because you HAVE to be a troll or suicidally depressed. Im sorry i have been picking on you but it just blows my mind that you want rain and 40f

I have been to a place you would love, Ireland. It can 40f and rain in JUNE

He needs to move to Point Barrow, Alaska lol

NYC is currently at +7.9 for March. It needs to finish at +3.9 or warmer for a top ten warmest March.

There were three other El Nino years in the top ten. Using the current climo, so far NYC

is warmer than the other very strong El Nino years like 1998 and 1983.

Top ten warmest Marches which were El Nino years:

2010...+5.7

1977...+4.3

1973...+3.9

Previous strongest El Ninos were cooler

1998...+2.9

1983...+1.5

NYC is currently at +7.9 for March. It needs to finish at +3.9 or warmer for a top ten warmest March.

There were three other El Nino years in the top ten. Using the current climo, so far NYC

is warmer than the other very strong El Nino years like 1998 and 1983.

Top ten warmest Marches which were El Nino years:

2010...+5.7

1977...+4.3

1973...+3.9

Previous strongest El Ninos were cooler

1998...+2.9

1983...+1.5

+8.5 now after yesterday's +15.

Archived