• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Presidents Day storm Part 2

Ji

Seems like a lot of folks were hanging onto the weaker/east solution and thinking a decent snow storm was on the table. I never really saw that Tbh and I usually hedge optimistic more often than not. It's pretty much playing out as the most logical scenario.

It qualifies as an "event" for just about everyone. Given how tough it's been to line stuff up this year we should consider this one a win to some degree if we get a couple inches of snow on cold ground. At least we aren't completely wasting the coldest air of the year it seems

I alway felt that a flip to rain was inevitable for the entire region however several days ago I thought there was very potential for a significant front end event for most. something along the lines of 4-6 with a more prolonged icing in the favored areas. Even with this bad set up there could have easily been higher snow totals if the initial thump was stronger and aimed further north. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely worth considering at this point. I like the NAM more than a lot of folks here based on comments. I just find it funny the same people who rail against it so frequently are willing to favor it when it shows what they are looking for. Today's runs in particular should probably be weighted on temps to at least some degree (haha!). ;) 0z especially .. if it it still extra cold I'd probably bite harder myself.

I realize I'm kind of a jerk sometimes esp when making short quips. I spend as much or more time on Twitter these days so I sometimes mix my commentary by accident. The usual suspects have been fair and balanced like always. Just seemed I've noticed more hopeful filler in recent times overall. I also do get the feeling that across the enterprise there is more run to run shift than ever and I don't think it's that good of a thing. Usually a trend day to day will be rather slow and methodical whereas you see bigger jumps run to run. Like taking every GFS blip as a reason to really think about the solution even though it's unlikely because it's a blip etc.

I think the run to run excitement has always been here.  I know in the past I've been sometimes frustrated by it which besides writing articles no one reads but comment on anyway,  I post here less than I used to. 

Archived