joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th/13th possible ENC/CNC Event

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 12 hours out and everything dries up. You know if it was just a chance of rain that we would get more than forecasted. We have no clue what it takes to get snow here.

Huh?

We still have 18 hours. I just don't see how it helps to be pessimistic. Going through life being optimistic is so much better. The models will change again. They have no idea what the storm is going to do.

Huh?

We still have 18 hours. I just don't see how it helps to be pessimistic. Going through life being optimistic is so much better. The models will change again. They have no idea what the storm is going to do.

Not being pessimistic about this event. Just saying about 12 hours out and we really don't know. Just funny how things change so fast here when it comes to winter weather. That is what I meant by we really have no idea what it takes to get a storm because we can't really depend on anything. Just to many variables that can go right or wrong here.

Not being pessimistic about this event. Just saying about 12 hours out and we really don't know. Just funny how things change so fast here when it comes to winter weather. That is what I meant by we really have no idea what it takes to get a storm because we can't really depend on anything. Just to many variables that can go right or wrong here.

It's almost like we cannot depend on the weather to cooperate with our goals and dreams.

Huh?

Pretty much this....I wont lie I would rather see the models showing a good thump, however I cant even begin to remember all the times I have gotten 3+" of snow on a forecast of a dusting to a inch, its a bunch. Like I said earlier IF we get a low off the coast the QPF will be there, its very rare we get a low that close and not get a decent little event....typically my light accumulation events ( say 2" and lower) are all weak waves traveling west to east or over running type events, rarely do I get snow from a low offshore and it only ends up a dusting unless it is WAYYYY offshore and I am on the western edge of the precip but this low is way to close for that. 

Huh?

Holy loller! Wife was wondering what I was laughing outloud at

It's almost like we cannot depend on the weather to cooperate with our goals and dreams.

And that's not it, either. Just saying when it comes to winter weather here, it can go either way and change quickly all the way up to the event. Just a lot harder to know what is going to do here with winter weather, and not unusual for things to change for the better or worse a few hours before the storm.

Pretty much this....I wont lie I would rather see the models showing a good thump, however I cant even begin to remember all the times I have gotten 3+" of snow on a forecast of a dusting to a inch, its a bunch. Like I said earlier IF we get a low off the coast the QPF will be there, its very rare we get a low that close and not get a decent little event....typically my light accumulation events ( say 2" and lower) are all weak waves traveling west to east or over running type events, rarely do I get snow from a low offshore and it only ends up a dusting unless it is WAYYYY offshore and I am on the western edge of the precip but this low is way to close for that. 

I agree, I have lived here in the extreme western part of the coastal plain/eastern sandhills area all of my life and remember many times of coastal storms over performing, unless temp problems come into play. 

well since I gotta work in the AM I will go to sleep without seeing anymore runs tonight hopefully I wake up to all yall freaking out over the overnight models  being way better and the low forming stronger or something and we all are looking at a significant event.....nah that wont happen we dont get that lucky, be nice to have a bust to the good one of these times....

Greg Fishel posted that Wake only has a 10-20% chance of ANY snow at all. Shows the map from the NWS. People are taking his word.... The map says 10-20% of greater than an inch. We all can agree it's not over and inch, but he's stating wrong in from from the map from NWS. I hope people can read....or bother to read the map.

I think wake basically has a chance at T-0.3" or so. If we get 0.5" or more at RDU I'll be shocked. That's where I'm at with this event. Interpreting the map live on tv incorrectly or not, I agree with Fishel overall...likely to verify only a trace. It's trending closer to a non-event for the triangle. Of course there's always a chance for something like this to over perform, but we are locking it in nicely now for Wake. Folks out east have more to watch for.

Greg Fishel posted that Wake only has a 10-20% chance of ANY snow at all. Shows the map from the NWS. People are taking his word.... The map says 10-20% of greater than an inch. We all can agree it's not over and inch, but he's stating wrong info from the map. I hope people can read....or bother to read the map.

Greg Fishcel wrote the test that all mets must pass in order to be certified as an on air meterologist by the ams.

Pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Archived