• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

Bank thermometer nearby here said 52, but I know that runs probably close to 10 degrees warm (no kidding!) a lot of the time.  Heck, their clock is fast too.  So I'd guesstimate mid 40s here or slightly lower right about now.

I knew those weren't to be trusted! I doubt they do direct measurements. Thanks for that interesting obs.

I am in Atlantic City and even if 8" on the travel back tomorrow there should be enough cars and road temps to keep it just slushy. Any other thoughts on the trip

Always bet on black??

Light snow in Queens...ok that was my last post ;)

I knew those weren't to be trusted! I doubt they do direct measurements. Thanks for that interesting obs.

Yeah, I know it's a bit silly to report that, but I don't have my own temperature measurement other than the bank one (inaccurate as it may be)!  I generally just knock several degrees off from what it says and figure that's reasonably close.

Point and click by NWS Sterling was just updated... 3-4 for DC, except for DCA which is still at 2 inches. A lot of DC is in the 4-6 range zone now. Way aggressive if you ask me. LOL - useless, I know, but hope it is right!

Returns developing right over area on COD radar...anyone see anything in DC proper?

Very light sprinkles imby. I wouldn't even mping that.

I am in Atlantic City and even if 8" on the travel back tomorrow there should be enough cars and road temps to keep it just slushy. Any other thoughts on the trip?

could be treacherous. best to stay and keep pumping your social security funds into the slots

3 miles from Downtown DC and some very light sprinkles.

In downtown DC and some light sprinkles.

Radar just blossomed over W MoCo.

I've got 39 back here in the woods. Seems like it's trying to cool off. I'm pumped I'm in the warning. Definitely getting more snow then PG lol.

Look at DCA vs Northern Arlington and NW DC

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Seen this yet, Clueless? NWS has jacked your snow forecast up to outright WSW levels.