joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Brush/IVT? Obs thread

dmillz25

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it wants to snow again. Very gray and smells wonderful outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

38 years subsequent to the Blizzard of '78 retiring to the Atlantic Shipping Lanes and just 3 years removed from The Big One in 2013...pretty fitting day out here with 11.5" on the ground and 5 inches new on the day.  Snow still falling in Port Jeff; albeit rather lightly. Cold with a temperature near 25 F. 

freezing drizzle. it forms when you have precip generation in the low levels where it's not cold enough for ice nuclei to form but it's still below freezing

What I'm experiencing is definitely not freezing rain. It doesn't feel or sound like sleet either. What do you think?

38 years subsequent to the Blizzard of '78 retiring to the Atlantic Shipping Lanes and just 3 years removed from The Big One in 2013...pretty fitting day out here with 11.5" on the ground and 5 inches new on the day.  Snow still falling in Port Jeff; albeit rather lightly. Cold with a temperature near 25 F. 

This gives us 16.0 inches on the month and 39.1 inches on the season...including 38.0 inches in the last 16 days...so quite a snowy interlude out on northern Long Island.

Still a few flurries floating around, 25F. Beautiful out there, 4.7" total from this event. That brings my season total to 29" even.

...4.7 sounds about right..was gone all day..measured around 7pm..i got 5.0".

still snowing lightly..24*..its a freakin' winter wonderland out there..

Archived