SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

toward the end of the run we get grazed by a coastal (<1") which if there wasn't a kicker would smoke us....but that's 9-10 days away....we'll have stuff to track this week....Friday's event looks potentially legit...

Friday looks nice on the Euro, good 500 pass followed by legit arctic air.  Maybe snow on snow then frigid.

wxrisk talked about next week not very positively and also 2-24/3-4 as also possible.Personally I think this maybe last chance till end of feb as the atmosphere doesnt seem to want to cooperate, though, in all honesty, if we get several inches from this event, the rest of the winter can end with nothing and I'd consider it a very good success.

wxrisk talked about next week not very positively and also 2-24/3-4 as also possible.Personally I think this maybe last chance till end of feb as the atmosphere doesnt seem to want to cooperate, though, in all honesty, if we get several inches from this event, the rest of the winter can end with nothing and I'd consider it a very good success.

WoOF

GFS has a little something for PD, but it's definitely not worthy of the PD3 moniker.  

Decent vort pass for a quick hitter. Front side is dampened leading in so development to the south is kept at bay. I think we have a good chance at taking advantage of the big cold air mass dropping down in some fashion. 

GEFS is dead set on setting up for another arctic outbreak the last week of the month. Insane -epo ridge on the means for 15-16 day leads. Signal keeps getting stronger too.

post-2035-0-54816100-1454949245_thumb.jp

A nice long duration light snow event that drops 4-6 inches with temps in 20s would be great.

I agree. I'd like that kind of event. We haven't had anything remotely like that this winter. I feel like we got more than our share of those the past couple winters. Always fun events when you have extreme cold and a steady snow accumulating.

I know Margusity, FWIW, thinks the Friday event will trend into a decent snow event for much of the East.

Archived