joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPS still has the psuedo west based block look in d6-10 zone but doesn't keep it there.. or rather builds heights everywhere else.  Block is a bit north of optimal probably too which may partly explain the zone favored on d8ish event.

Somewhat discouraging each day we go without ens more strongly hinting at pattern building in tho the look on the eps in particular is probably workable if needing a little more luck than a full on money pattern.

And here I was thinking it was another weather-geek abbreviation (I really do wish someone would make something of a glossary for some of the terms/abbreviations that are used here. There are many rookie snow enthusiasts like myself that aren't familiar with some of those)

Lol I was just guessing but since he lives down in hillbilly town I figured it would work

Good pattern will start again after 2/21 according to ensembles. MJO phase 7/8 and massive -EPO means the two weeks after that look hopeful. Not optimistic about the 15th. The high is just moves too far southeast, and unless we thread the needle like the PDI it's going to be mostly rain.

I think we need PDB in the other thread

I already punted the other storm, lol From the way it was looking two days ago, I figured it wasn't gonna be much! Now with the strong cold air mass coming, it moving out of here just in time for the storm would be the epitome of winter frustration (but, as someone said, with it being so strong, kinda hard to believe it would leave that easily...)

Archived