Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hrrr nailed this system, 4K nam was out to lunch

Didn't the HRRR show places like Greenville getting a bunch of snow last night?

Frustrating storm out east, for sure.  Hate to see a coastal taking a decent track for E NC go to waste.

EDIT: Well, I guess as far as keeping the precip S/E of Raleigh, then it did well there, but so did most of the modeling, IMO.

Finally snowing noticeably with sleet mixed in. May be a little rain mixed in but primarily frozen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Its trying hard I get some mangled flakes mixed in with the rain from time to time, 850's slowly coming down but its close enough over your way that as long as the rates are good you should stay all snow.....problem is that might not be very long....but if it does last a few hrs you will get 1-3" I bet 

Didn't the HRRR show places like Greenville getting a bunch of snow last night?

Frustrating storm out east, for sure. Hate to see a coastal taking a decent track for E NC go to waste.

EDIT: Well, I guess as far as keeping the precip S/E of Raleigh, then it did well there, but so did most of the modeling, IMO.

Snow flags are garbage, I have no clue what's constitutes it being triggered, but then all qpf for that period are drawn out as frozen. The Kuchera method atleast takes ratios in to account. The RGEM did a great job, with only minor ip accumulations in the wwa area. It had zero snow accumulations on the runs yesterday.

I knew thickness here would be in the 1305/1545 range, which is a wintry mix. I would consider what we received today a wintry mix with IP mixed in all day. Guidance had any chance of sub 1300m thick to our south and west, sub 1540 was not really in play for anyone with heavier Precip, that is the area under the advisory so a top down approach, again, had this handled pretty well.

Archived