• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

Been banded pretty much all day and have not been able to get better than 20% IP, deck is the lowest it has been and still nada. That area east of the ILM site is associated with the cold pool aloft, not nearly as impressive as some of the high res guidance had it. Too little too late.

Yeah kind of sad to think about it. If that UL would have stay strong and intact it would be been one h*ll of a storm for central and eastern sections of SC,NC. It probably be 15-20 years or more before a storm a storm of this magnitude every happens again this far south.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll get flakes for a few minutes under a heavier band, but it goes right back to rain or rain/sleet as soon as rates drop a little. Back to drizzle with occasional pingers at the moment. Not holding out any hope for accumulation at this point, beyond what's stuck on the roof/eaves and mossy areas of the yard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

been 80% sleet here for the last hr even when rates fall off..heavy band rotating in, over 1" precip now as well.....

Wondering if that band will get as far west as me, it certainly is bright. The western edge has steadily eroded over the past couple hours, so I am unsure how much farther it gets.

Wondering if that band will get as far west as me, it certainly is bright. The western edge has steadily eroded over the past couple hours, so I am unsure how much farther it gets.

Yeah looks crazy....http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MHX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Edit to add for the first time today I am all sleet and maybe 20% legit snow and the snow is picking up....and the flakes are big....

The kinston vicinity looks to have remained mostly frozen precip for the day, any reports from that area on accumulation?

no its been all rain everywhere....well accept the last hr no accumulations...if this sleet I am getting now was snow I would get a inch in 20 mins,,,,extremely heavy, large IP too almost graupel.

Finally mixed out the rain, sleet and snow, coming down at a good clip too. On the western fringe of that band.

On my drive into to work I stopped at the sheetz by 264 and DSM and the parking lot was crunchy and the roads were getting that way as well just due to the heavy rates. At the same time I saw a beautiful red glow on the horizon as the sun set.

Archived