CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legs? Thats about the only parts not worth eating on a blue crab.

You've obviously never had an 8.5", heavy, Wye River crab before. You'll be tossing them claws to the kids lol.

Come April I'm all over some warmer temps. I agree, Bob. This is going to be a much earlier year then that horrid start last year. I saw lots of crab in the fall. They should all survive. Nothing out of the ordinary for the old Chesapeake as far as temps go. I say by the last week of May the big boy will be here in numbers.

Spring is NOT here yet.

Old Man Winter is NOT done with the Mid Atlantic yet.

You better keep an eye on those models.

We ARE A Snowtown.

We are about to put a major smackdown on this warmup.

I NEVER, EVER give up on Winter. I am the guy who wants an all out Ice Age, with 13,000 feet of snow and ice over North America and an extension of the Laurentide Icesheet clear into the Caribbean!

I'll pick crabs 1-2 times per year. It's okay. My wife's family grew up in St Michaels and will knock out a bushel in no time

Good crabs are so expensive, so I do 1 or 2 outings and go for the fatties...end of the summer or early fall. Best place to go out and eat good crabs around St Michaels is Chesapeake Landing, a couple miles west. They get Miles River crabs and are always worth the money. The Crab Claw and St Michaels Crabhouse are awful tourist traps.

Good crabs are so expensive, so I do 1 or 2 outings and go for the fatties...end of the summer or early fall. Best place to go out and eat good crabs around St Michaels is Chesapeake Landing, a couple miles west. They get Miles River crabs and are always worth the money. The Crab Claw and St Michaels Crabhouse are awful tourist traps.

As a kid (80s) my family would vacation in Ocean CIty.  We'd rent a pontoon boat, go out on the bay for the morning, come back with more crabs that we knew what to do with.  I remember the last time we did that, probably early 90s, we ended up with like 3 crabs in 4 hours.

Have not been there for a few years, but Costas Inn (Dundalk) is a real deal crab house. High volume and high quality. I have seen their operation(behind the scene) and they got it down. Crabs are steamed to perfection, never watery, never missing a claw. Year round crabs too...they do get them flown up from the GOM.

Archived