February 2016 Forecasts/Disco/Obs

snowman19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOAA Gulf Data Flight Today

Most times this data gets included into the U.S. model runs 

If they fly in the winter..a storm threat is taken seriously

http://tropicalatlantic.com/recon/recon.cgi?basin=al&year=2016&product=sonde&identifier=160218212403308&aircraft=308&month=02&day=18&mission=WX&agency=AF&ob=02-18-2228-05-1027-26-16

http://tropicalatlantic.com/recon/recon.cgi?basin=al&nontasked=2016

OPC 96hr surface map

A_96hrsfc.gif

Keeping an eye on the 1032mb prog of high pressure above the Lakes

our Low would be the 1008mb prog at the FLA panhandle

heavy traffic with multiple low pressure systems in the northwest atlantic

and possible 50/50 low development  on here also

the map is chock full of possibilities

is this the gut feeling thread ? Gut feeling is banter IMO - and I totally disagree with your gut - all guidance is moving east and colder - have to also consider climatology its still FEB. - Cold enough air and the offshore track does not translate to mostly rain in FEB

Man mad I missed this and no it's not a gut feeling.

At least give me a chance to explain myself before calling me out just because what I wrote is not what you wanted to read!

What has been the trend this winter thus far? A gradual Nw trend. For this past storm that hurt us. For the blizzard it helped us. The war is being undermodled this far out. This WILL come back NW. And by the way, going with what models say verbatim this far out is just stupid.

Nam is a nice hit for NYC and inland areas with Monday's low.

Interested to see mostly what the Euro has to say, the NAM has tended to be too far south with these types of systems before beyond day 2. The NAM also is notably and Lily too slow vs most other guidance which may be allowing the high and colder air mass to come in 6-9 hours faster and resulting in the further south track

Wouldn't this be a much better track for NE?

Without a doubt Z

but that prog is a bit murky ATM with the two low pressure areas so close

also the 0z GFS is just as muddy--pitch it and look for the GEFS run out next

OPC map I posted earlier has the goods lined up for the Metro

I stand with that for today

Lol.. Gfs basically 100% on its own in all aspects of the next week, on the Sunday/Monday storm, the fact that it's nearly 12hours faster than most guidance for the midweek storm, and it kicks the high east sooo fast.. Another run, and yet another drastic solution change from the gfs

You better hope it's 100% wrong because the 0z gfs is an ugly setup for pretty much everybody. You still have a NF high where a low should be and we just saw what that led to.

The only way I see it working out for the coast is if we do get two smaller pieces ejecting NE with the latter giving us some snow. Anything more amped and the coast will be screwed.

You better hope it's 100% wrong because the 0z gfs is an ugly setup for pretty much everybody. You still have a NF high where a low should be and we just saw what that led to.

The only way I see it working out for the coast is if we do get two smaller pieces ejecting NE with the latter giving us some snow. Anything more amped and the coast will be screwed.

You keep saying this and it's wrong.. There's actually several ways the coast sees snow in this set-up.. If the first piece of energy, aka Sunday Monday storm, is stronger it draws with it colder air, as it pushes off the coast it acts as a block to seal in the cold and doesn't allow the H to push east, also if the northern stream isn't as progressive as the gfs, which right now the gfs is alone in that regard, then the cold stays locked in and the storm rides the coast... This is NOT a 1 shot only storm set-up lol

Btw to put frame of reference to the gfs...... At 12z the gfs had the low all the way off the Georgia coast, same time frame 18z the low was about 100 miles off south jersey shore, same time frame 00z the low was about 50 miles north, and 50 miles west of its 18z location.....

I wouldn't give the gfs the time of day.... ANDDDD to top it all off its showing a double low scenario? Please

Archived